Resource Manager

Wyatt

Hi, I know how annoying asking release dates can be etc,

My site are moving to xenForo and want to make a big CMS to go alongside it. We found that a big part of what we want is actually the resource manager here.

We're fine to create it ourselves (were going to, until we saw that the resource manager meets our needs quite exactly), but obviously if xenForo are releasing a resource manager soon we'd much rather use that.

Any news on a release date or cost? I.e. are we talking "a month", "months", "years"?

If it's more than a month or two we'll carry on and make it ourselves.

Thanks anyway.

Nobody knows. My feelings are that there is not coming much until 01/2013 because of the lawfight.
so start your own. maybe a lot of other users are interested in this ;)

Nobody knows. My feelings are that there is not coming much until 01/2013 because of the lawfight.
so start your own. maybe a lot of other users are interested in this ;)
My Crystal ball is broken, but id have to agree with this.

These are definately useful. (As an aside we won't be using star ratings as we feel they're a bit... elitist, idk, we're a development site; but the structure of the mod is certainly going to be useful.) Thank you.

Individual user blogs for the update log, etc, will be harder, unless the blog mods allow users to have several blogs, but we can work around that.

These are definately useful. (As an aside we won't be using star ratings as we feel they're a bit... elitist, idk, we're a development site; but the structure of the mod is certainly going to be useful.) Thank you.

Individual user blogs for the update log, etc, will be harder, unless the blog mods allow users to have several blogs, but we can work around that.
Search of custom thread fields is coming very soon. I'm guessing that will be quite useful for you.

Yeah the resource manager idea is very simple. I think the most important reason for the manager is the organization, so users can search easily. I felt that using what I listed would give the most potential/room for growth. Ratings are just to help attract attention and provide useful feedback/appreciation to the developers (in a loud sort of way lol).

I don't understand why XF can't give us some kind of roadmap with the RM. I mean its working fine here on xf.com boards for months. Yet still no news about a commercial version for clients. Just give us an indication if it will be out in weeks, months, years.

I don't understand why XF can't give us some kind of roadmap with the RM. I mean its working fine here on xf.com boards for months. Yet still no news about a commercial version for clients. Just give us an indication if it will be out in weeks, months, years.
I would also give my right arm for the ressource manager, but I have decided to wait patiently (quite rational also, as it is the only thing to d0). There is more to a release than just a release, it has to be supported, tickets will rise in a period, and there is also a lot of time used with the lawsuit. Everything is not as simple.

Top Bottom