Resource Manager

Blue

Will the Resource Manager have permissions for staff to post new items and members being restricted to commenting and rating?

I would assume permissions would be present category wise. I don't think there would be any built in way to import reviews. No way that can be "visioned" from a programming point of view, given that your existing reviews could be in any way imaginable.

But importing them shouldn't be very hard. Take a look at which table the RM saves resources to and where the dependencies are and once could write an insert query with the data.

Looking at the resource section, I can see how to discuss and I see reviews but I don't see how to add a review.

Looking at the resource section, I can see how to discuss and I see reviews but I don't see how to add a review.
It puzzled me as well. Apparently, you have to click on the start rating and it will popup a review box.

I hope the released version of RM will have some changes so it has a "Write a Review" button and the review is an editor box like this reply box.

That would be more useful for sites where people write substantial reviews of hundreds words. A popup box does not invite people to write long reviews.

It puzzled me as well. Apparently, you have to click on the start rating and it will popup a review box.

I hope the released version of RM will have some changes so it has a "Write a Review" button and the review is an editor box like this reply box.

That would be more useful for sites where people write substantial reviews of hundreds words. A popup box does not invite people to write long reviews.

OK. Yes I think a rate and review button would make it clearer.

Thanks Andy

Top Bottom