1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resource Manager

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by Blue, Mar 8, 2012.

1. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Will the Resource Manager have permissions for staff to post new items and members being restricted to commenting and rating?

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That's all covered by the permissions.

3. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Sounds good, credit card standing by...

Bram likes this.
  4. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

Does that permission apply separately to each categories as well?

And, if we have pre-existing reviews, is there any way we can create new resource and import the reviews?

gordy likes this.
  5. Sadik B

Sadik B Well-Known Member

I would assume permissions would be present category wise. I don't think there would be any built in way to import reviews. No way that can be "visioned" from a programming point of view, given that your existing reviews could be in any way imaginable.

But importing them shouldn't be very hard. Take a look at which table the RM saves resources to and where the dependencies are and once could write an insert query with the data.

6. DroidHost

DroidHost Well-Known Member

I think the RM is stable enough to be released .... we need it :(

7. Kintaro

Kintaro Well-Known Member

Is there any release date info somewhere?

8. Bram

Bram Well-Known Member

I wish there was, need this so badly.

9. principia

principia Well-Known Member

soon ;)

10. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

Looking at the resource section, I can see how to discuss and I see reviews but I don't see how to add a review.

11. Andy.N

Andy.N Well-Known Member

It puzzled me as well. Apparently, you have to click on the start rating and it will popup a review box.

I hope the released version of RM will have some changes so it has a "Write a Review" button and the review is an editor box like this reply box.

That would be more useful for sites where people write substantial reviews of hundreds words. A popup box does not invite people to write long reviews.

Blue and gordy like this.
  12. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

OK. Yes I think a rate and review button would make it clearer.

Thanks Andy