1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resource Manager Add-On

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by kingjavo, Jan 6, 2016.

1. kingjavo

kingjavo Member

Hi there,

Can the Resource Manager be used as a place to store attachments? For example, my small community has files across several threads which can only be found by digging through each and every message post.

This is very time consuming and tedious to do, unfortunately :(. There's no easy way to place all files in one location.

I'd be willing to purchase this add-on if it made sense for my needs. Please let me know what you think.

2. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Glockie likes this.
  3. kingjavo

kingjavo Member

I feel a little lost when looking at that demo TBH. I can give it a try though.

4. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

You'll feel just as lost if you own the RM and it's on your own board. At least you don't have to pay for the privilege of that lost feeling! :)

If you have any questions, just ask.

5. kingjavo

kingjavo Member

LOL

6. kingjavo

kingjavo Member

I'm playing with the Resource Manager and think it will work. One thing I'm not seeing is if there's a way to move existing Post attachments to the Resource area?? Any way to organize my existing attachments into Resources somehow?

Also, are you releasing XenForo 2 in the near future? I read somewhere about that and was curious if it was true and what would come with it. Thanks for all the help! :)

7. 3rd AnGle

3rd AnGle Well-Known Member

Hi.. I am not aware of any addon that let you convert a post into resource item but there is one which will convert a THREAD into a resource item that takes the attachments in the first POST as download files..

Check this addon properly and see if it fits your requirement https://xenforo.com/community/resources/convert-threads-to-resources.3166/