RM 2.0 Resource icon upload option not showing in Add resource page

3rd AnGle

All permissions are granted. resource manager "Allow resource icons" checked.

When adding a resource, the upload icon is not shown.... rather after the resource is added and submitted only i have to go to tool options which is tucked far right corner under a drop down to upload the icon.

Also, i cannot find the resource tools on the right sidebar like it used to in xf1.

File health check is done to make sure all files are right in place.

@Chris D is this by design or have i missed something? I tried to add a resource here too and i didn't see any upload icon in the first page. If it is by design what is the logic behind it.

any idea what's wrong with my set up?

I reiterate, i cannot see the upload icon button in add resource page but i can see the edit icon options once the resource is already added

That's roughly how it worked in XFRM1 too. In XFRM1 there was simply a checkbox:

1520970682139.webp

That checkbox just triggered the overlay to be loaded after the resource was created.

Its removal was intentional, I think. I was reconsidering re-adding it, but I decided to go one better.

This is rolled out here if you wanted to check it out, but otherwise in the next release, when adding a resource, at the bottom you will find this:

1520971063757.webp

And when editing a resource you will find this:

1520970908840.webp

And of course the option will still be available in the menu.

This is rolled out here if you wanted to check it out, but otherwise in the next release, when adding a resource, at the bottom you will find this:

View attachment 171039

View attachment 171038

thanks for the reply.

I am glad you are considering to put the Add Icon in the same page when the resource is being added that way users won't have to go searching here and there to edit.. much better from UX pov.

In fact, i rather have this upload option before any other uploads (download files, external URL etc).

Waiting for the next release. Until then i am assuming we will have to manage by manually editing after the resource is added.

That's roughly how it worked in XFRM1 too. In XFRM1 there was simply a checkbox:

View attachment 171035

That checkbox just triggered the overlay to be loaded after the resource was created.

Its removal was intentional, I think. I was reconsidering re-adding it, but I decided to go one better.

View attachment 171039

View attachment 171038

Thanks for adding it back in.

@Chris D - the changelog from the 2.0.2 update says
Support for uploading an icon when adding a resource, or uploading/deleting an existing icon when editing a resource.
However, after updating, i can't see the option to add an icon when creating a resource.

Edit. Nevermind, i was to much in a hurry that i forgot to merge the templates. Sorry.

Top Bottom