Not a bug Resource discussion thread shows thread author's name in the heading

Jake B.

Affected version
1.x / 2.x
On all other tabs it correctly shows the owner of the resource:

resource.webp

But, specifically on the discussion tab it shows the user of the first post of the thread:

thread.webp

While I completely understand why this happens, I do think it is confusing since all of the information in this area is referring to the resource, not the thread (breadcrumb, title, version, tabs, etc) and the resource data is already being loaded in so it may be beneficial for this to show the resource author instead as they're the ones who are responsible for the resource regardless of who owns the thread due to transfer of the resource.

I do think it is confusing since all of the information in this area is referring to the resource, not the thread (breadcrumb, title, version, tabs, etc)
This isn't strictly speaking true.

The title is actually the thread title, not the resource title (they can be different), especially paid resource discussions which are suffixed with [PAID]. The breadcrumb is the forum list breadcrumb rather than the resource category list. Finally, if we want to get really nitpicky, the date there is the creation date of the thread, rather than the resource. Obviously they'd usually be the same, but theoretically, there's nothing to stop you from merging a resource thread with an older thread, and that would change the date displayed there.

I know what you're saying but, ultimately, the ideal solution would be changing the thread author when a resource is transferred, which would essentially fix the problem for you. That would be a suggestion, though (it probably already exists).

Top Bottom