Resource Deletions

It's annoying to come upon a resource thread, see the discussion, yadda yadda yadda, but the resource you need itself was deleted.

Sorry.. I may need more coffee..lol
I'm saying when I look at anything in the RM, I always check the release part of the thread before reading the discussion. I do this for a few reasons, but one is to make sure the download or code is there to work with.

Sorry.. I may need more coffee..lol
I'm saying when I look at anything in the RM, I always check the release part of the thread before reading the discussion. I do this for a few reasons, but one is to make sure the download or code is there to work with.
I usually look at resource, review, updates, then discussion in that order. Too bad the threads don't save the full update. I don't see why not thanks to XF 1.2.1 new compact quotes.

What do you mean "save the full update"?

Probably a way rather than a automated message upon deletion something custom perhaps like. Even then you probably would miss that the resource is deleted since that update/automated post would be buried. Perhaps a colour coded discussion thread or some kind of notice inside that discussion thread that spans upon all pages.

Or just visit the release thread which is the first thing I normally do which seems the logical way, Eitherway you'll eventually find out it's been removed so it's not something @DRE your going to overlook.

I usually look at resource, review, updates, then discussion in that order. Too bad the threads don't save the full update. I don't see why not thanks to XF 1.2.1 new compact quotes.
I always edit my updates to put the full one in the thread post. No need to link to a full update when it can easily fit, that's just bad UX.

Reactions: DRE
Since I didn't design it, I can't be a real source of the reasoning. However, I am feeling that its clipped due to file-less resources and their updates (I believe they are hidden from those without permission).

Weren't file-less resources added later? I would imagine it was originally because compact quotes hadn't been invented yet, as @DRE suggested.

Regardless, if you don't have permission to view the full resource, updates are limited.

Top Bottom