1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resource Deletions

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by DRE, Sep 5, 2013.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

We can't delete our threads by ourselves so how come you let us delete our resources?

Adam Howard likes this.
  2. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

It's annoying to come upon a resource thread, see the discussion, yadda yadda yadda, but the resource you need itself was deleted.

3. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

Check the front page first then? ;)

4. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Threads can contain a plethora of information to help those who have installed it and got non-developer support.

DRE and Brandon Sheley like this.
  5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Huh?

6. Brandon Sheley

Brandon Sheley Well-Known Member

Sorry.. I may need more coffee..lol
    I'm saying when I look at anything in the RM, I always check the release part of the thread before reading the discussion. I do this for a few reasons, but one is to make sure the download or code is there to work with.

7. Jeremy

The title of the thread also states deleted, so it should be noticeable if a resource has been removed.

Brandon Sheley likes this.
  8. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I usually look at resource, review, updates, then discussion in that order. Too bad the threads don't save the full update. I don't see why not thanks to XF 1.2.1 new compact quotes.

9. Jeremy

What do you mean "save the full update"?

10. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Probably a way rather than a automated message upon deletion something custom perhaps like. Even then you probably would miss that the resource is deleted since that update/automated post would be buried. Perhaps a colour coded discussion thread or some kind of notice inside that discussion thread that spans upon all pages.

Or just visit the release thread which is the first thing I normally do which seems the logical way, Eitherway you'll eventually find out it's been removed so it's not something @DRE your going to overlook.

11. Jeremy

All of which are suggestions and not possible in the current software.

12. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

I know.

13. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

I always edit my updates to put the full one in the thread post. No need to link to a full update when it can easily fit, that's just bad UX.

DRE likes this.
  14. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

What Robbo said. Thanks @Robbo! and @Rigel Kentaurus does this too.

15. Jeremy

Since I didn't design it, I can't be a real source of the reasoning. However, I am feeling that its clipped due to file-less resources and their updates (I believe they are hidden from those without permission).

Shelley likes this.
  16. Jon W

Jon W Well-Known Member

Weren't file-less resources added later? I would imagine it was originally because compact quotes hadn't been invented yet, as @DRE suggested.

17. Jeremy

Regardless, if you don't have permission to view the full resource, updates are limited.