XF 2.0 RESOLVED: Image uploading issue

bostoneo

So I've seen a million threads on this and I've tried all of the settings that I've come across. I *know* I've missed something - but I haven't been able to figure it out.

Uploading images - I have the forum set to 5MB - image size isn't our problem. However it does seem that resolution size is. We get a generic error when attempting to upload images and I haven't found the "failure" point (ie where the limit is). Here are the config entries that I've modified.

config.php

PHP:
$config['db']['host'] = 'xxx';
$config['db']['port'] = '3306';
$config['db']['username'] = 'xxx';
$config['db']['password'] = 'xxx';
$config['db']['dbname'] = 'xxx';
$config['fullUnicode'] = true;
$config['maxImageResizePixelCount'] = 30000000;

php/7.2/fpm/php.ini
php/7.2/cli/php.ini
both have the same settings - I am running NGINX so fpm is the one in use

INI:
memory_limit = 256M
post_max_size = 35M
upload_max_filesize = 5M

and then my attachment settings are attached as images.

Attachments

• dimensions.webp
    dimensions.webp
    6.3 KB · Views: 6
  • size.webp
    size.webp
    4.4 KB · Views: 5
You'd think I'd never worked in tech support (I do and have for 20 years) I know better.

Sorry about that. As for generic error - it doesn't pop anything up - it just draws a line through the image when doing "attach file". Generic error was probably not the right term.

As for a general idea of what works and what doesn't:

1224×1632 @560K works
1510×2689 @ 1M works
2448×2748 @ 1.5 does not
2180×2751 @ 1.3M does not
1904×2486 @ 1M does not

Try enabling Imagick PECL extension.

Admin control panel -> Setup -> Options -> Attachments -> Default image processor -> magemagick PECL extension

If you note my initial post - my image size is set to 5MB - and images tested are all 3MB and less. Can you expand on the "mod security" answer?

never mind - answered my own mod-security question.

Of note I'm noticing this in the NGINX log:
2018/06/27 14:45:38 [error] 20829#20829: *4208 client intended to send too large body: 2931161 bytes

Just about 3MB and again all settings are 5MB or greater.

Top Bottom