Implemented Resoirce Manager - Ratings not intuitive yet

Morgain

Having downloaded a Resource I wanted to give it a Rating and Review.
I hunted all over the page for a link or button which I assumed would appear now I had downloaded.
None apeared.

I tried clicking the row of 5 stars. Nothing happened.

Now as it happens I have personal acquaintance with several developers so I asked one what to do. He explained that you can only Rate by clicking the 5 stars on the Version, not the OTHER 5 stars under Information.

It has already been pointed out that the geography in this area is confusing. But now it appears it can easily put people off giving a rating and review.

If the Version block moved over to the sidebar, replacing the visitor block it would be right beside the download button.
To make this obvious the two sets of stars need to look different. It'll help if Version is at the top but it'll still be confusing to a humble user. Different colour stars? Also needs to say RATE THIS RESOURCE by the Version ones.
Yes I know this is unbelievable from a backroom perspective. Of course it's OBVIOUS you Rate the current Version - if you're a coder that is. To us hoi polloi Ratings mean the row of stars so if I click it (the wrong one) and nothing happens I'm probably going to give up.

Upvote 4
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
I actually have to agree with this. The first time I was trying to review/rate a mod, it took me some time to figure out how to do it. As Morgain, I kept clicking on the stars that DIDN'T do anything.

I downloaded something yesterday, couldn't find out how to rate and write a review.
Then I just left and didn't bother.

It worked for me, download add-on, click star, pop-up asks for a review, complete review, click submit, done.

One needs to fill in the review, thwarts folks from gaming the ratings.

I know Morgain likes feedback ;) so let's just say discussions are taking place off line as to how to improve how ratings are dealt with :)

I downloaded something yesterday, couldn't find out how to rate and write a review.
Then I just left and didn't bother.

Same here... Looked for a few seconds, couldn't find a way and gave up. I think I am gonna give it another try right now... :)

Top Bottom