MG 1.1 Resizing and reducing size on the fly

dotpro

See attachment.

I noticed that images are not reducing in size even though they are reduced to "maximum" upload width/height.

Do we have any ability in xmg to reduce image sizes or compress the images, not just resolution but also physical disk space the image takes? I downloaded the same image in the attachment and just resaved it in irfanview, which brought the size down to 750kb.

Attachments

• xenforo-large-images.webp
    xenforo-large-images.webp
    8.2 KB · Views: 8
The first thing to note is that even if the images were resized, the EXIF data would remain the same; we take the EXIF data from the original image - resize operations tend to strip this stuff out.

However, that said, I can see that the images in your gallery seem to still be large in size and dimensions, still. What exactly do you have set for your image max width and height? Note that the maximum width and height in the gallery is different from the maximum width and height in the Attachment Options.

I have set for each user group, so for this user, see attachment.

Perhaps, clicking the thumbnail should load "medium" size image and then clicking the medium (predefined size, if user wishes to see full resolution) should load that size because right now clicking the thumbnail means you get to see image which maybe 3 or 5MB+ in size which means page will load a lot slower.

Attachments

• xenforo-gallery-quotas.webp
    xenforo-gallery-quotas.webp
    12.3 KB · Views: 7
We only have thumbnail size and original size.

The image I checked was 3000 x 1772 therefore smaller than your max width and height here therefore it hasn't been resized.

There is, I believe, an open suggestion for multiple image sizes and this will be considered in the future.

There is, I believe, an open suggestion for multiple image sizes and this will be considered in the future.

Thank you. Please do consider it, it will greatly help those who want to keep the original size/file but also want the users to be able to browse the gallery quickly, load pages faster, just creates better experience over all.

Top Bottom