Design issue  Reset Password: Forgot / Lost Password

Jose Amaral Mota

Notice that you can only be on forum page and not use any of the error pages to login though once you reset password. These are copy/paste error pages of four(4) I have incountered.

Note: This is just a result of a copy & paste (jQuery1283638760406="7">) and not was seen.

XenForo Community - Error

Your password could not be reset. Please try again.

This action is available via POST only. Please press the back button and try again.

Security error occurred. Please press back, refresh the page, and try again.

login jQuery1283638760406="7">Incorrect password. Please try again.

Your name or email address:

Do you already have a password?

• No, create an account now.
  • Yes, my password is:

• Stay logged in
Forgot your password?

Login with Facebook

So you initiated this from the "incorrect password" message page?

Interestingly, you should only ever get the security error if you were logged in successfully in another tab.

Just tested this myself, same error. Reset the password via the retrieval system, got message to acknowledge and send password, clicked that, got password email. Entered new password and went to user CP to change password.

Message received was "My existing password is incorrect". Whether it was input manually or copied and pasted, would not allow to change the sent password.

Just tested this myself, same error. Reset the password via the retrieval system, got message to acknowledge and send password, clicked that, got password email. Entered new password and went to user CP to change password.

Message received was "My existing password is incorrect". Whether it was input manually or copied and pasted, would not allow to change the sent password.

Yes I'd like a reply to Anthony's question as well - thanks!

Yes I'd like a reply to Anthony's question as well - thanks!
PS Although I got the msg I was still logged in, hence this post. But I don't see how to change the system-provided password to one that's easier to remember and yes I'll also write it down. Thanks!
Happy Holly Daze everyone!

Top Bottom