Not a bug Requirements

whynot

xenforo_requirements.php
Requirements Met
Your server meets all of XenForo's PHP requirements.

It does not.
As soon as I enable the link proxy I'm facing the error message: Permission denied.

Isn't it time to replace "xenforo_requirements.php" ?

It'd be nice to update it, and make it more specific too. I was faced with a message that said I was missing some functionality or something, but it let me install anyways and everything works fine. I think it should at least tell me what it is it was looking for that I had disabled on my server so I could fix it. o_O

The requirements script is the same requirements check that's in 1.3 -- though 1.3 does add some additional warnings to let you now about things that aren't ideal and may cause issues.

Unfortunately, I really don't know what you're reporting here. If you're having issues with a particular feature, it's worth posting in troubleshooting. If it's literally just a page saying "permission denied", that's not coming from XenForo and we can't detect any limits done at the server level.

The requirements script is the same requirements check that's in 1.3 -- though 1.3 does add some additional warnings to let you now about things that aren't ideal and may cause issues.
But what are they?
As @mjda posted:
I was faced with a message that said I was missing some functionality or something, but it let me install anyways and everything works fine. I think it should at least tell me what it is it was looking for that I had disabled on my server so I could fix it. o_O
How can the upgrade script detect that something may cause issues?
It can, so it would be nice to know that what it is.
Unfortunately, I really don't know what you're reporting here.
As soon as I enable the link proxy I'm facing the error message: Permission denied.
Permission denied for what?

If you're having issues with a particular feature, it's worth posting in troubleshooting. If it's literally just a page saying "permission denied", that's not coming from XenForo and we can't detect any limits done at the server level.

I did post it: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/link-proxy-forbidden.68560/

Last edited:
If it detects potential problem, it does tell you what they are and generally what must be done to fix it (upgrade software, tweak settings in php.ini, etc).

You posted that thread, received a response but haven't posted an update to say whether or not you're still having the problem. I would note that the error you're receiving is from your web server - it's very unlikely that XenForo is even being run when the error is generated. As such, it will very likely be a server configuration level issue that your host may need to be the one to help with. This is the class of issues that I was saying we can't detect -- if there's something like mod_security and it has an overly aggressive rule, it's really only something that can be dealt with if it causes a problem (that's basically the concept of mod_security: block valid behaviors based on the likelihood of them not being legitimate).

If it detects potential problem, it does tell you what they are and generally what must be done to fix it (upgrade software, tweak settings in php.ini, etc).

You posted that thread, received a response but haven't posted an update to say whether or not you're still having the problem. I would note that the error you're receiving is from your web server - it's very unlikely that XenForo is even being run when the error is generated. As such, it will very likely be a server configuration level issue that your host may need to be the one to help with. This is the class of issues that I was saying we can't detect -- if there's something like mod_security and it has an overly aggressive rule, it's really only something that can be dealt with if it causes a problem (that's basically the concept of mod_security: block valid behaviors based on the likelihood of them not being legitimate).

Thank you,Mike.

Top Bottom