Require birthday for registration?

upnet

I notice a lot of members signup with phoney birthdays. I wonder if some people are deturred by the extra attribute of the form - a requirement to enter a birthday. Any supporters out there of removing the requirement to enter a birthday on registration? Seems like people don't have time to be bothered with such things these days.

We don't require a birthday when completing a registration, however, that said folks that do give us at least a month and day of birth at registration are glad they did. We give away goodies every now and then to members who have 100% completed their registration to include uploading a custom avatar. Sometimes it pays off to submit the solicited information when requested.

We don't require a birthday when completing a registration, however, that said folks that do give us at least a month and day of birth at registration are glad they did. We give away goodies every now and then to members who have 100% completed their registration to include uploading a custom avatar. Sometimes it pays off to submit the solicited information when requested.
What kind of goodies do you give away? I annoy them with a notice until they upload an avatar.

As user, I loathe too many questions in the registration page.
sometimes I abandon the page or if I really need to complete the registration process, because I need something in that forum I'll fill that info with lies.
my favorite football team, my favorite music, my favorite color, my birthday, my location aggg really annoying :mad:

Same here. Even wish we could get rid of the two password fields and send a system-generated one instead :whistle:
oh_yeah_obama.gif

Since I want to only have adults on my forum, I require a birthday. Not one person had listed their real birthday though. :cautious:

I have a badge that awards on someone's birthday and I've had to manually award it each time because people won't put then info in correctly. :rolleyes:

I remember for a very long time there was a piece at the beginning of registration for forums that pretty much said that you agree that you are above the age of 13. If you were younger than that your parents had to email the admin to say it was ok.

I don't require it anymore as that is the past of forums.

Top Bottom