Add-on Request: Usergroup based "dofollow" signatures

Amdac

I've been trying to find a way for weeks now to be able to allow "dofollow" signatures for a specific usergroup. I've found a few methods to set signatures globally, but nothing to just have it set for one specific usergroup.

Is this something that's fairly easy to create?

This should be quite straight forward.

Were you aware that staff posted URLs don't have nofollow set?

Hi, yep - anything from Moderator upwards is do follow, I know. I have some Bloggers in my forum that I want to grant do follow links (I already setup a specific user group for them). Thanks for any hints how to do that!

I would like to see a forum based permission for this as well, not only group based (either allowing group, or allowing group in certain forums).

It's tricky.

I've seen some code, but I'm not quite sure how to modify it in such a way as to add an additional user group to it.

Moderators and Admins are marked as $user[isTrusted] and the way that they are marked like that is by two columns in the xf_user table which are is_moderator and is_admin.

I will do some experimenting.

This is the line I am talking about:

Code:
$user['isTrusted'] = (!empty($user['user_id']) && (!empty($user['is_admin']) || !empty($user['is_moderator'])));

I've had an idea...

If we can somehow add:

$user['user_group_id'] == 10

Into that isTrusted list then we might be onto a winner (where 10 is the user_group_id of your bloggers).

I will see where I get with this...

Nice idea MagnusB.

The code I've just found will not be able to affect posts in a specified forum, but I will look at that if I am successful with this task first.

Top Bottom