• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Request: A good GIF animator.

I'll try that, thanks!

I use Paint Shop Pro 7, unless I need to save an alpha channel and then I use PSP 9 - which was the only reason I even bought it (ten bucks on Amazon). For vectors or anything where I need brushes with pointy ends or there will be a lot of tricky bezier curves - XaraX1 which I bought it on sale for I think ten bucks. (It's great for t-shirt art too - it has a pretty decent preview-in-CMYK feature.) And I like Paint.Net (free) for posturizing and brightness/contrast- it has finer controls than PSP.

Never got the hang of PSP 7 altho I have it and it's flat out the best for tubing. I have PSP8, 9, 10, 12, 12U, and 13. (skipped 11 somehow). I really don't like 13 but once installed, it's like a virus and you almost have to reformat to get it out of your system so I keep it. And I do use it. I also have 10 installed (I use Windows 7). Don't know how familiar you are with tubers but I went by GraphicsbyLiz.

I downloaded Paint.Net but can't figure it out and the tutorials aren't very well explained. Maybe I am just use to the help I got with PSP. I do have PSCS3 and am finally figuring it out. Took some lessons which helped.

Wow, you have a really extensive PSP collection! The only reason I ever moved from PSP 5 to 7 was, my laptop died suddenly and I didn't have the install anymore -- I hated PSP 7's guts at first.

I'm not very familiar with tubers because I only figured out this year that you can actually create stuff for tubes. :D I'm really very bad about reading instruction manuals, it's always the last resort. Are your tubes still online? I'd love to see them.

The only thing I use on Paint.net is posturize and brightness/contrast -- those are just slide controls, so nothing to learn there.

Top Bottom