1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Add-on Reputation System [LIKE VBULLETIN]

Discussion in 'Resource and Add-on Requests' started by Heavy, Mar 31, 2015.

?

DO YOU ALSO WANT SOMEONE TO CREATE THIS?

1. YES

2. NO

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Heavy

Heavy Active Member

Please, vote then maybe more people see this and someone can create this add-on.

I have a request that i think somone could make, and earn some big money! :rolleyes:

This has been requested sooo many times but no one has made it yet..

Simple things..
    and you should create an addon for this.

Trophy points value is number/int
    I would like to convert those number's into reputation bars.

Like 1 - 10 points = 1 green bar
    10 - 20 = 2 bars
    and soo on.

How it's gonna look (you see the green bars): [​IMG]

Just like vbulletin hopefully!

Thanks ! This would be awsome!

Anyone that can make this? :D

Regards,

Heavy

Please, vote then maybe more people see this and someone can create this add-on.

Gossipy and 51463 like this.
  2. Heavy

Heavy Active Member

Anyone? I would pay or donate if someone created this add-on/plugin.

Alfa1 likes this.
  3. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Borboles advanced reputation addon was quite popular.
    Please mind that vbulletin's reputation system had serious flaws and a lot of missing functions that invites abuse. Borboles addon was much better.

After ******* bought the addon we did a group fund to expand it much further. Here is the functionality list.
    I have uploaded screenshots of Borboles reputation system and the functionality that ******* added for us. Unfortunately that project went south after ******* was exposed. The code was low quality with many bugs and we started to receive fake files. Fortunately I was able to reclaim the investment.

An advanced reputation system would be a popular addon.

Attached Files:

4. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Here is another set of images to show what functions Borboles addon had and what we invested in.

Attached Files:

5. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

And the last set of images to show what functions Borboles addon had and what we invested in.

Attached Files:

6. Heavy

Heavy Active Member

Hi @Alfa1 , looks like you worked awfully hard on this.
    The thing is that there is not really my taste, I've checked your add-on before but as i said, not really my taste (Sorry if I sound unpleasant in any way). :)

I need an add-on that really looks like vBulletin's because I love it.

If you have read my previous threads you will see that i'm trying to get my message containers look like vBulletins.

Regards,

Heavy

Alfa1 likes this.
  7. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

Hi @Heavy Its not unpleasant at all. Everyone has to find what they think is best for their websites. Not everyones need is the same.

Your needs can be filled by an addon with different features or it can be filled by the same addon with different settings. Borboles addon was able to do exactly the same as vbulletin. It just depended on your settings.

8. Heavy

Heavy Active Member

If it can be able to do exactly the same as vbulletin, could you help me please?
    I can give some money for that helping service :)

9. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

The problem is that Borbole sold it to *******. ******* then developed it further but made it very buggy. And ******* was banned from here for running a hackers collective.

We need someone to publish a new reputation addon.

semprot, gfc and Heavy like this.
  10. Alfa1

Alfa1 Well-Known Member

I am getting an advanced reputation system developed by a quality developer. Anyone who is interested in joining in can contact me.

11. semprot

semprot Active Member

Let's join Alfa1 rep system crowdfunding, because i'm in :D

Gossipy likes this.
  12. dehness

dehness Active Member

I wish we could get this functionality developed natively in 2.0. Moving from add-on to add-on to try and maintain this functionality properly is a real PITA.

The "likes" system is not a replacement for the Reputation system, it's a replacement for the thanks system. XF does not have a comparable system.

The desperate quest of the developers to differentiate XF from vB really hurts the platform sometimes IMO. Sadly, from their quick rejection/archiving of my suggestion for XF2.0, I don't think we're going to ever see an actual reputation system equivalent.

I too purchased Borbole's add-on and liked it, and also found it went downhill after ******* purchased it (although they did provide us with some custom changes for free).

Our forum is small and operates on member donations, so we can't invest any significant money in co-financing development of a new reputation add-on (in fact I have no idea how much developing custom add-ons even costs), but we'd be interested in purchasing it if you release it for sale afterwards. :)

Alfa1 and semprot like this.