Reputation / Points / Karma system

Maybe useful as a plugin *adds to list of things I could possibly make when the software is released* but I don't think it's useful as a core feature, as the 'like' system is like this.

Without a reputation system XenForo would be a no go. There is no way we could do without reputation comments. There are almost 90.000 rating comments in our system and our entire promotion scheme is based around it. And its too vital to rely on a third party for such functionality.
Im sure there are many other sites who are in the same position. This is actually a deal breaker that already prevented various vb boards to migrate to IPB. And for this reason IPB has this on the radar.

The trophy systems acts as an award system and it has awards on it.

I suppose a modification reputation system will be made :)

Yep, he even bought the domain :) although i know from experience that the purchase of a domain doesn't guarantee the script - "Speaking from experience there lol"

On my board we have enabled the reputation system only in tech forums, and users can upvote the best post.

Will there be a reputation system in any form here?

I noticed that trophies are awarded if someone "likes you" as well as the amount of posts you make, maybe adding an option to like an individual post (as well as Facebook Like for a thread) would be sufficient? We don't allow negative votes on posts due to the abuse it gets.

The more I look at XenForo the more interesting it becomes. However, without a reputation system XenForo would be impossible to migrate to. There is no way we could do without reputation comments. There are almost 90.000 rating comments in our vbulletin system and our entire promotion scheme is based around it. And its too vital to rely on a third party for such functionality.
Im sure there are many other sites who are in the same position. This is actually a deal breaker that already prevented various vb boards to migrate to IPB. And for this reason IPB has this on the radar.

Just like vbulletin reputation lacks notifications & post visibility, it also lacks a moderation queue and a reputation report function. I have added all that and much more and it makes my big board almost community moderated and without abuse. My sites rely on reputation comments and usergroup promotions based on reputation. Troublesome users receive negative reputation are automatically moved to usergroups with limited permissions or even automatically banned. It allows sites to be community moderated and I really cant imagine running big boards without it. The reputation system drives up my post quality to the extreme, and quickly gets rid of trolls and problem makers. Its a huge relief in workload to the staff and at least as important as our infraction system for us.

My site is focused on information and reputation is used to evaluate post content. For this purpose the likes system is not as useful to us as it is to social sites, because if I hit the like button, then does that mean I like you, or find your avatar hot, or want to give you some kudos, or does it relate to post quality? It doesnt say if I like the post a little, average or if its my favorite. It does not give any way to let you know how to improve your posts or what I like about your post. The reputation system does allow such feedback.

XF has implemented notifications beautifully and its great that its a 1 click function. The likes system offers no possibility to let the community address inappropriate content. If a bad post is not reported, it does not affect the poster at all. On forums content is king. Especially when it comes to SEO. The notifications do make XF very addictive.

Optimally I would hope for a reputation system that is as easy to use and as addictive as the like system.

Top Bottom