Add-on Reports Create new thread in a forum

Nudaii

On vbulletin and a few other software the way reports was handled was a thread was created in a certain forum (of the admins choosing).

I'm about to move two very large forums from vB and this feature is one of the things holding me back slightly, as the staff of the forums love the current threaded report system.

Would it be possible for a add-on to be created for this?

why would you want this?

your staff can discuss in the report center
this would be really redundant ( i know this, because i coded a add-on for this, but then we removed it from my testpage
it's much easier to use only the report center for this)

Well the staff don't like change very much (both forums have a older membership (50-80 age group)

This is the way they have always done it (since 2004) , and they didn't like the xenforo way of report center (nor did they like it when we installed the vb report center mod).

If you still have the add-on you created for this i'd be very much obliged if you could share it :)

Because i'm not using it, it was never finished,so that's what i made some time ago...

I think there are some problems with the text and reports for other content types as post

Attachments

Installed great, Is there a way to make it add in the url to the reported post?

as some threads have thousands of posts

Thanks again for your help

Installed great, Is there a way to make it add in the url to the reported post?

as some threads have thousands of posts

Thanks again for your help
yes, it would be possible, but it needs some coding because of the different report handlers (because you can report posts,converversation messages, profile posts and probably several other add-on content types)

and because IMO it doesn't make sense to have redundant report threads & report center, i stopped development and i'll not include your request (maybe if i find some time for this..:p)

you could create a "Link Forum", call it "reports" and set permissions to be only visible for mods...
so the mods would think it's still the forum:p

ah now thats an idea ;)) a link forum could be the solution
:)

yes it's the best solution and with some template changes the mods wouldn't see any difference, only the editor and posts would have another design:)

the other advantage of this is, that the list respects the permissions, so if a mod is allowed to view posts, but not reported conversations, he wouldn't see them in the list..
with the thread solution, it would require much more custom coding to respect these permissions too

Top Bottom