1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 "Reports" button disappeared from admin/moderator bar

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Overflame, Jun 5, 2015.

1. Overflame

Overflame New Member

Hello, I can't find the "Reports"" button (where I received reports from members), before was appearing in moderator/admin bar but now I can't find which option should I edit to appear again.

Screen: http://postimg.org/image/bnu4nrlx9/

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Did your permissions change, perhaps by accident?

3. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

I see you're using UI.X. Does the Reports link appear if you switch to the default XenForo style?

4. Overflame

Overflame New Member

Yes, I edited the permissions, but when I checked I didn't saw any problem, maybe I missed something though, I don't know which permission I have to tick.

@Martok No, it does not appear, it's probably because of permissions, but I just cannot find what is wrong.

5. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

https://xenforo.com/help/moderators/

Amaury likes this.
  6. Overflame

Overflame New Member

7. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Is your primary user group Registered?

8. Overflame

Overflame New Member

9. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Therein may lie the issue. Registered should be your primary user group with all the basic permissions you want all users to have. Other user groups should be secondary, giving them permissions you didn't give to Registered.

10. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Amaury likes this.
  11. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

I noted you said Administrator but not Moderator. They're separate roles.

Amaury likes this.
  12. Overflame

Overflame New Member

I tried to set "Member"as primary group and √Ądministrator"as secondary, still not worked.

Also tried to select "Administrator" and "Moderator" together, but the bar still didn't showed.

Also tried to select "Administrator" and "Moderator" as secondary group and "Member" as primary, still didn't worked.

13. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

You need to be set as a Moderator in the ACP, as per the instructions in the link to the XenForo manual. Once you've done this, I suggest you read the guide on permissions I linked you to and set your user group permissions in the recommended way. Once you've done this, we can then see if this issue is resolved or not.

Overflame and Amaury like this.
  14. Overflame

Overflame New Member

I'll definetly do that, thank you very much everyone! I'll let you know soon if I solved the problem or not.

Amaury likes this.
  15. Overflame

Overflame New Member

I solved the issue...I was set only as "Administrator" not "Moderator" too, as Mike said, "Moderator" and "Administrator" are separate roles, I thought if I have admin role I'll have access to all features, thank you very much everyone again for help! especially @Martok

16. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member