1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Reported conversation

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by DaveM, Sep 23, 2014.

1. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

What is supposed to happen when a member reports a conversation. Right now on our forum an alert is shown in the normal Alerts option top right. A thread like below is also created but if you click on the link in the thread it will just take you to the forum home. So what am I missing here?

Permissions are set as follows
    User Group: Moderating

Edit Moderator: DaveM

2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It just creates a report. You can't view anything beyond what is reported. It's really up to you what you want to do from there (issue a warning, spam clean, ban a user, etc).
  3. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Thanks Mike, so why the permission " Edit Post By Anyone" then as that seem irrelevant.
  4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

That's for editing other people's posts when you are part of the conversation.
  5. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

Ok thanks I see that option now as you say.
  6. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

It just struck me now, what is the point of the link in the reported post if it just takes you to the home page?
  7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

There normally isn't a link in the standard reporting system. It's a limit of the thread-based system.
  8. DaveM

DaveM Well-Known Member

The conversation setup is really nice but it does seem that it still needs a bit of tweaking to make it great.
  9. optrex

optrex Active Member

A member has reported a conversation and wants me to delete it. Just that one, not the whole conversation. How?
  10. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

It's not possible to delete a single conversation message without an add-on.