Report Alerts [Deleted]

Jeremy P

XenForo developer
Staff member
Jeremy P submitted a new resource:

Report Comment Alerts (version 1.0.0) - Alerts previous commenters of new report comments

This will alert your staff when someone comments on a report they have commented on!

Only moderators who can view the report will receive the alert.

Like this addon?
Consider donating. You may donate any amount.

Disclaimer

I am not going anywhere, my sites run exclusively XF and run...

Read more about this resource...

screen-shot-2012-12-28-at-9-05-16-pm-png.38541

Added, but it's pretty simple really.

Is it possibile to have an option to send an alert to anyone can see Reports? ...or better the possibility to choose what usergroup (only with mod powers) get the alert?

I'm not entirely sure what purpose that would serve? This was one of the first addons I wrote for my forums over 2 years ago because if someone was involved with a report they had no way of knowing it was updated.

Its purpose isn't really to get others involved in reports.. in my opinion moderators should be proactive about that and visit the reported items section themselves.. that's why it shows up at the top of the screen after all :)

If there's enough interest I'll look into it though.

I have requested this feature in core a year ago. Glad to see it finally! What would be nicer though, if we have an option to [un]subscribe any report as we can do with usual forum threads. That way, we can follow activities on a report that we never commented on, also we can unsubscribe a report even though we have commented on that before. :)

Last edited:
You don't receive the alert at all unless you have commented on the reports? Unless I'm not understanding what you mean. Normal forum posts have the same behavior for alerts:

Screen Shot 2012-12-30 at 2.42.01 PM.webp

You don't receive the alert at all unless you have commented on the reports? Unless I'm not understanding what you mean. Normal forum posts have the same behavior for alerts:

View attachment 38617
Sorry for the confusion. No, I'm not talking about alerts at all.

Just something that would further help moderators would be for their avatar to show up like this;
screenshot.webp

when they comment on Reported Items.

Was just asking if someone knew of any way to do that.

Its purpose isn't really to get others involved in reports.. in my opinion moderators should be proactive about that and visit the reported items section themselves.. that's why it shows up at the top of the screen after all :)

If there's enough interest I'll look into it though.
Well, yes Moderators have to be proactive... but that can help. :D

PHP:
PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method EmailReport_Report::getReportCommentUserIds() in /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/GWiz/ReportCommentAlert/DataWriter/ReportComment.php on line 28

Noticed a small little thing in my error logs.

Using php 5.4.13 if that helps any

PHP:
PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined method EmailReport_Report::getReportCommentUserIds() in /home/sociall1/public_html/forums/library/GWiz/ReportCommentAlert/DataWriter/ReportComment.php on line 28

Noticed a small little thing in my error logs.

Using php 5.4.13 if that helps any

If you haven't already figured, it's caused by a different addon.

If you haven't already figured, it's caused by a different addon.

Don't remember what it was.... Was so long ago.....

Do know it only showed yours in the error though so that how it ended up here. Although I've since resolved it, so it doesn't matter.

Jeremy P updated Report Comment Alerts with a new update entry:

Upcoming Update

Hey everyone,

I'm getting ready to start a rewrite of this addon so I wanted to give everybody the opportunity to voice their suggestions and concerns before I begin.

It should first be noted that I am not planning on supporting PHP versions below 5.3. It is my goal to support 5.4+ only so please let me know if you are not running PHP 5.4+.

I am not currently planning on adding any functionality, but just bringing the addon up to par with XF 1.3 and recent PHP changes.

However, I...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Jeremy P updated Report Comment Alerts with a new update entry:

2.0.0: Rewrite

The code has been rewritten to take advantages of new features offered by more recent XenForo versions.

You must uninstall the previous version completely before installing the new one!

To uninstall:
  1. Uninstall the add-on via the Administration Control Panel
  2. Completely remove the library/ReportCommentAlert directory
After uninstalling the previous version, install the update as specified in the README.

Thanks!

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi @Jeremy P

Getting errors in server logs in admin panel.

Code:
Error Info
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Class 'Jrahmy\ReportCommentAlert\Model\Report' not found - library/XenForo/Model.php:195
Generated By: Hann, Today at 6:25 AM
Stack Trace

#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}

Request State

array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(44) "http://www.talkjesus.com/posts/245175/report"
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(5) {
    ["message"] => string(52) "This is not the gospel according to the scriptures
"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(38) "/threads/gods-plan-of-salvation.50187/"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
  }
}

Top Bottom