Report Alerts [Deleted]

@Chad And you're running PHP 5.4+? Use the File Health Check tool to be sure all the files are where they should be.

Ran that @Jeremy P

I got one error not related to your plugin.

library/Waindigo/Listener/ControllerPreDispatch/20141011.php File does not contain expected contents.

I'll ask Waindigo about this one.

So in your library folder you see a folder 'Jrahmy', next to 'XenForo' and 'Zend' (and others)?

Then in Jrahmy you see ReportCommentAlert? And you're not running PHP 5.2? That is really bizarre, I'm not sure what the problem could be.

Yes and yes, and I'm running 5.4.

root@server [~]# php -v
PHP 5.4.36 (cli) (built: Jan 2 2015 18:41:40)
Copyright (c) 1997-2014 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.4.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2014 Zend Technologies
with eAccelerator v0.9.6.1-ea, Copyright (c) 2004-2012 eAccelerator, by eAccelerator
with the ionCube PHP Loader v4.6.1, Copyright (c) 2002-2014, by ionCube Ltd.

Thanks for a great add-on! :)

One small issue though - there's a conflict between this one and DP's Enhanced Search - you've both the getReportsByIds() method for user_ids and it's causing a pair of server errors whenever anyone reports a post. Any chance you could rename your method? :o

I have installed this add-on, but no alerts are being shown. Do have to adjust permissions somewhere?

Something happens, but not the report: {name} commented on a <a {report_attributes}>report</a>.

When somebody answers or comments, then

xxx has just opened a report 123

pops up again and again....?

OK, I ran some tests. What seems to be happening is that the last report pops up again when somebody comments on a report. How could that be? And what could go wrong?

Thanks alot!

@ehd seems like something went wrong during import, the phrase seems to be unset.

It's for moderator replies. There are no alerts for initial/opened reports.

OMG, damn Filezilla. I have found out that the directory /AlertHandler was missing. Thank you very much for the add-on and sorry for the fuss...

Last edited:
Not sure if it's intentional, but if I've made a comment in a report, then am away for a day and during that time 5 other staff members comment in the same report, I will have received a total of 5 alerts regarding the same report's comments.

Would be better to only receive only one (and once you've read the report, it would again give you a max of 1 alert before reading it again).

It's intentional. XF offers no read-marking for reports like they do for threads, so what you are asking significantly increases the complexity of the add-on. I'd have to create a new database table and extend the entire report system to do read-marking.

This add-on is simple and I'm not interested in making it any more complex. It's open-source under the MIT license if someone wants to add to it.

Top Bottom