Lack of interest Reply Tweak

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Cupara

When you click Reply in a post it jumps to Quick Reply, fine by me, but I can continue to click that same link to quote it over and over again, maybe have the Reply link gray out when its been clicked once. Otherwise I could intentionally flame a thread by clicking reply over and over again to make the post extremely long.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
What's to stop someone from copy and pasting the same content over and over again?

If someone wants to flame/spam a thread then you can't really stop them.

What's to stop someone from copy and pasting the same content over and over again?

If someone wants to flame/spam a thread then you can't really stop them.
The main point why have a link there to be abused when it shouldn't be used for flaming. Copy and pasting takes a tad longer than clicking Reply quickly.

well here is one way of looking at it. maybe people would want to quote the same text twice in a reply? makes no sense. but also look at another possibility...

i click on reply. it quotes the text and disables the button. i manage to mangle up the response and i need to start fresh. i cannot use that reply button again.

The main point why have a link there to be abused when it shouldn't be used for flaming. Copy and pasting takes a tad longer than clicking Reply quickly.
People will abuse a feature if they really, really mean to. When you click Reply, you're taken to the QR with the post you quoted already there.

If someone wants to go back and forth between the post and QR fine. If they're willing to put up with the back/forth then you really can't stop them, or like what Brogan said, they can just copy/paste the message over and over again to achieve the same thing faster. Just deal with the post and/or user whenever it happens. I don't see the scenario you're describing as a common occurrence.

The only thing here I think would be neat would be to unlink the Reply link once it's clicked, but not for the reasons you've brought up.

When you click Reply in a post it jumps to Quick Reply, fine by me, but I can continue to click that same link to quote it over and over again, maybe have the Reply link gray out when its been clicked once. Otherwise I could intentionally flame a thread by clicking reply over and over again to make the post extremely long.

I think this is a behavioral problem, and not something that software should solve. What if I hit reply, erase the quote, then decide I want the quote after all? That would be a legitimate reason to hit reply more than once.

I think this is a behavioral problem, and not something that software should solve. What if I hit reply, erase the quote, then decide I want the quote after all? That would be a legitimate reason to hit reply more than once.
Your missing it, I'm leaving this so others can fill in the blanks. The reply link resets after you post, refresh, or click unreply.

Even if the spammer clicked it a million times it would just be one post, easily deleted. A spammer would have to be stupid or have a whole lot of time on their hands to go to all that trouble for something that's so easily fixed.

Top Bottom