XF 2.1 Reply tooltip not working on some iphones

Mr Lucky

I have had two users report that the reply tooltip is not working. After selecting text, +quote is fine, but not the reply button. It is doing nothing.

user 1: iPhone XR 13.3 safari
user2: iPhone 8, iOS 13.3 safari and Chrome

I am having no problem at all (iphone XS max 13.3)

Does anyone know what can be the issue? Thanks

Last edited:
What are the exact steps to reproduce this?

You have filed a bug report but I can’t reproduce it and apparently you couldn’t but you can now.

I can only reproduce a different issue which is with reply, not with quote.

So I presumed it was a different thing - especially as not reproducible.

So as far as I can tell unless I can reproduce with +quote also, the issue is only with reply

The steps to reproduce are:

1 Select text
2 Tap reply

Nothing happens

IMG_2792.webp

Safari and Firefox, iPhone XS max ios 13.3

I can only reproduce a different issue which is with reply, not with quote.
In your original post you reported the issue was with reply, not with quote, and you claimed you couldn't reproduce that. I'm trying to understand what has changed since for it to seemingly go from working to not working in case it is relevant.

Can reproduce it on iPhone XS Max iOS 13.3

Edit: and i think i found another bug.. once a video is uploaded i can't edit my post can't type anything..

I’m getting the same as the video above, iPhone XR 13.3.1b2.

There are some other oddities with the editor too that I may need to start a new bug report for.

In your original post you reported the issue was with reply, not with quote, and you claimed you couldn't reproduce that. I'm trying to understand what has changed since for it to seemingly go from working to not working in case it is relevant.
Sorry, I had some very confusing reports from users, which probably made me confused.

Two users have reported issues with +quote (but I cannot reproduce that)

Then another user reported reply tooltip not working, and the same issue for me (as shown above video by siONtI).

I did update to 13.3 aon Tureday, IIRC it was working before then , so maybe 13.3 is the common denominator. (It happens for me on Safari and Firefox)

So to summarise:

1. First of all a couple of users say select+quote is not working (I cannot reproduce this and initially thought maybe they weren't aware of how it should work)
  2. Then another user reported select+reply is not working - and I could reproduce that one.

Last edited:
I’m getting the same as the video above, iPhone XR 13.3.1b2.

Kind of frustrating when I can't reproduce it myself. I am running 13.3.1 beta 1 and haven't updated to beta 2, yet. It seems unlikely that beta 1 would be fine but earlier versions and future versions would work fine.

Messing around I noticed that under the text/website settings in the address bar my iPhone was set as “Request desktop site” which was definitely causing some weird behavior with text prediction and deleting text in the editor. Switching that off in the site settings has fixed those oddities.

Reply tooltip seems to work better but still had an instance where it simply doesn’t seem to respond.

Chris possibly try flipping yours to request desktop site to see if it acts the same?
0CB60DB3-3F1F-41ED-8422-CCF5E88E0328.png

Top Bottom