Duplicate  reply only to own thread

ToDie4

Is it at all possible for XenForo in the near'ish future to have an additional permission setting where only the original thread starter may reply to their own threads.

It would be awesome if it were possible to also have a permission setting for only the original thread starter to be able to view their own threads as well.

Of course it would need for admin and moderator to have permissions to be able to view 'all' threads.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
and to add to Paul's post, additional thread permissions were promised with the release of 1.1 - though it wasn't specified exactly what permissions were part of it.

Ah right, I searched for the wrong criteria, hence not finding anything already asked, thanks Brogan, fingers crossed it is implemented in 1.1 then :)

Is it at all possible for XenForo in the near'ish future to have an additional permission setting where only the original thread starter may reply to their own threads.

It would be awesome if it were possible to also have a permission setting for only the original thread starter to be able to view their own threads as well.

Of course it would need for admin and moderator to have permissions to be able to view 'all' threads.

Just out of curiosity, for the first of part of your reuest, allowing only the thread starters to reply to their own threads and no one else, what is the point in that? It is like they will be talking to themselves :D At least that is how I see it.

Just out of curiosity, for the first of part of your reuest, allowing only the thread starters to reply to their own threads and no one else, what is the point in that? It is like they will be talking to themselves :D At least that is how I see it.
I've used this in the past for things like applications, where they can reply to their own thread (and see their own thread).

This would work in specifically designated forums where one to one support is offered, on my own site this would be used for private customised graphic requests or private customised style requests. I could use the conversation system I know but I prefer the traditional layout of forums for such support. I know that Ivy's (a good friend of mine who I have almost got to convert to XenForo, this feature would get her to convert actually) site could use this for one to one emotional support from the on-line therapist she employs for her community, the support provider will of course be in a group where access to all threads is granted, there are potentially endless uses for such a facility.

Top Bottom