Fixed Reply does not appear if posted on previous pages

Chromaniac

Affected version
2.3 Beta 2
So, this is a bit messy to explain. Basically... If a thread has 2 pages. And you post a reply using quick reply box on page 1... XenForo does not show you the just posted post. Instead you get the second last post of the thread. If you post again, it does appear to show the latest post.

On XenForo 2.2, it shows the second last and latest post on replying on a previous page in a thread.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.3.0 Beta 3).

Change log:
Fix message inserter only inserting first message
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

This happened to me when I was on the current page. However in this instance (link below) Mouth had posted seconds before me. I didn't see my own post or the notice that someone had posted. I had to refresh. Sounds like this may be the fix, thanks.

Yeah, the issue was if we got multiple messages back in the response (whether from the next page or just a recent reply), not all of them would be inserted.

Related bug: In Preview mode I only say the hyperlink above, not the full unfurled post.
Not really related to the issue at hand.

Weird it's not linking top the correct post. This was it:
This is an outstanding issue -- links with anchors (#) are not parsed, only links copied from the 'Share' menu.

Yeah, the issue was if we got multiple messages back in the response (whether from the next page or just a recent reply), not all of them would be inserted.
Does this fix the same issue with Comments in XenForo Media Gallery?

Top Bottom