1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Replacing the online markers against images

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by hohleweg, Dec 9, 2015.

1. hohleweg

hohleweg Member

Can i replace the online marker with pictures?

like this:

Thanks and greetings Joachim
    Skylined likes this.
  2. Skylined

Skylined Active Member

I like that idea! (y)
    hohleweg likes this.
  3. hohleweg

hohleweg Member

..can i push it?!
  4. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Since there is no native CSS tag for offline, you would have to resort to an add-on to do that.
    For the Online, you should be able to address the CSS designator for it and assign an image.
    .messageUserBlock div.avatarHolder .onlineMarker
  5. hohleweg

hohleweg Member

For offline i have this code in EXTRA.css
    /* Start Xmas messageUserInfo Enhancement Start Xmas messageUserInfo Enhancement Start */
    .messageUserBlock .helper {
      background: url("@imagePath/xenforo/icons/xmas-messageuserinfo-balls2013.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent;
      display: block;
      height: 47px;
      left: -7px;
      position: absolute;
      top: 0;
      width: 135px; }
    /* end Xmas messageUserInfo Enhancement Start Xmas messageUserInfo Enhancement end */
    and ist works great!

but for online????
    this =

looks this =

6. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Well, apparently it doesn't work so great then. ;)

You are assigning an image to the default block and then not removing it when the online is being displayed. That's why I said it would best be solved by an add-on. I do wish that XF had the ability to show online/offline/hidden by default (there was an add-on that did that but I don't think it is supported any longer).
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    hohleweg likes this.