Replace background with colour/image?

Actually forget that I noticed an error you made that i overlooked. the .likesSummary should be as follows:

Code:
.likesSummary {color: white !important;
background: #726C60 url('@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/threadview-bg.png') repeat-x top !important;}

Edit: If the gradient still doesn't show after that try (personally i didn't have to use !important on this one or the other colors)

Code:
.likesSummary {
background: #726C60 url('@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/threadview-bg.png') repeat-x top !important;
background-color: none !important;
color: white !important; }

try just adding this
Code:
.likesSummary .username {color: white !important;}
.likesSummary a {color: white !important;}
.likesSummary {color: white !important;}
background: #726C60 url('@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/threadview-bg.png') repeat-x top !important;
}

I like to try and keep each one in its own segment as it helps my simple mind keep up with what is what.

Code:
/*  ****** THIS CODE MODIFIES THE LIKES BAR BELOW A POST ***** */
/* Define Like summary color username */
/* Define this segment name */
/* Define background for like Summmary */
.likesSummary {background: #726C60 url('@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/threadview-bg.png') repeat-x top !important;}
It makes it a little easier when I have to go back in to modify or clean something out.. I know immediately what it refers to.

Edit: And it helps prevent exactly the problem that he had. :p

I like to try and keep each one in its own segment as it helps my simple mind keep up with what is what.

Code:
/*  ****** THIS CODE MODIFIES THE LIKES BAR BELOW A POST ***** */
/* Define Like summary color username */
/* Define background for like Summmary */
.likesSummary {background: #726C60 url('@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/threadview-bg.png') repeat-x top !important;}
It makes it a little easier when I have to go back in to modify or clean something out.. I know immediately what it refers to.

Edit: And it helps prevent exactly the problem that he had. :p

You don't even want to see my EXTRA template then. It looks like a nuke was dropped and detonated within it. :P

Actually forget that I noticed an error you made that i overlooked. the .likesSummary should be as follows:

Code:
.likesSummary {color: white !important;
background: #726C60 url('@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/threadview-bg.png') repeat-x top !important;}

Edit: If the gradient still doesn't show after that try (personally i didn't have to use !important on this one or the other colors)

Code:
.likesSummary {
background-color: none !important;
color: white !important; }

Works! Thanks heaps Shelley!

You don't even want to see my EXTRA template then. It looks like a nuke was dropped and detonated within it. :p
Hey, I said I "liked to"... didn't say mine was done that way now. :p
I'm having to filter back through it and do just that - and some of it entails disabling it to see what it kills. :rolleyes:

Hey, I said I "liked to"... didn't say mine was done that way now. :p
I'm having to filter back through it and do just that - and some of it entails disabling it to see what it kills. :rolleyes:

Well, I do have intentions in keep the EXTRA tidy whenever I start on a style and I manage to conform to the "keep it tidy mindset" but then my fingers get a mind of their own and before long it's like a teenagers bedroom. :P

Anyhow, Ctrl-F from the browser allows me to search for what I want to modify/find in extra instantly so, thank god for that or i'd be screwed.

Anyhow, Ctrl-F from the browser allows me to search for what I want to modify/find in extra instantly so, thank god for that or i'd be screwed.
One of these days I'm going to have to figure out what the key combo is for the Mac and Chrome. Ooohh.. Just figured it out - Command Key (the key with the weird graphic symbol on it)-F. Dang, that'll save me some time (if I knew what I was looking for!!). :eek:

One of these days I'm going to have to figure out what the key combo is for the Mac and Chrome. Ooohh.. Just figured it out - Command Key (the key with the weird graphic symbol on it)-F. Dang, that'll save me some time (if I knew what I was looking for!!). :eek:

I think the search thing is mainly useful if you want to alter an existing class you added previously in the template. I'm always tinkering in the template and modifying existing code I added previously so I tend to use it alot.

I think the search thing is mainly useful if you want to alter an existing class you added previously in the template. I'm always tinkering in the template and modifying existing code I added previously so I tend to use it alot.
Yep... I just used it to figure out why one of my EXTRA.css edits wasn't taking... was wondering why my popup menus were staying gray instead of the bronze color I wanted, there was already one in there and the one I was trying to do wouldn't override it. I've gotten where I just load the CSS up in TextWrangler and then do a search on it, clean my code up and then do a total delete from the ACP and paste it back in. I've got to try and organize mine a little better - instead of having stuff defined at the middle and then related stuff scattered top and bottom, it will help to keep them in "sections".

Top Bottom