Replace background with colour/image?

Message block is controlled by

.messageUserBlock a.username {
color: red;
background: #726C60 url('images/default/xenforo/gradients/form-button-white-25px.png') repeat-x top !important;
}

The color:red; makes the default for the name color red. You can change this to whatever you want. It works for the other 2 examples also.

Background Changes but not text Colour. I want to make text colour white. I've tried "color:white;" and "color:#ffffff;" snd its not working.

Background Changes but not text Colour. I want to make text colour white. I've tried "color:white;" and "color:#ffffff;" snd its not working.
Add !important after the color and before the ";".
That will force an override of the default - but, if you use custom codes in your group settings it may also override them.

Add !important after the color and before the ";".
That will force an override of the default - but, if you use custom codes in your group settings it may also override them.
Got it. Thanks! One final bit of help - in the likes summary, the User link is grey. I want to make this white, while not changing the link colour on the rest of the site. Is this possible?

Now on that... I'll defer to Shelley... Oh Shelley.... where are you?
I've got a feeling it's something to do with

.likesSummary a:link a:visited

I'm having to do this based upon the base XenForo site as I use a likes replacement plugin.

I just do a global colorization for them, since it fits my theme better using

body .muted, body a.muted, body .muted a{
color: rgb(146, 107, 6) !important;
}

Just as an aside, if you want to make your usernames in the message block and members list have a shadow effect you can use

.messageUserBlock a.username {
text-shadow: 3px 3px 4px black !important;
}
.memberListItem h3.username {
text-shadow: 3px 3px 4px #5C5B5B !important;
}

Got it. Thanks! One final bit of help - in the likes summary, the User link is grey. I want to make this white, while not changing the link colour on the rest of the site. Is this possible?

If you can provide a link to your forum it will be easier for the person helping to debug the issue and provide you with the necessary code.

But guessing here:

if you want to change the colour, the screenshot can be used as a reference with conjunction with the css (below) and add/adjust to your preference.

likes.webp

Code:
.likesSummary .username {color: red;}

.likesSummary a {color: green;}

.likesSummary {color: blue;}

If you can provide a link to your forum it will be easier for the person helping to debug the issue and provide you with the necessary code.
Your ears get to burning? :p
I knew he could count on you to come thru in the crunch. Since I don't use the built in likes I was having to try and do it from the XF site - and not very well at that. o_O

This is my site: http://ftvworld.thetvworld.org/forum/index.php?threads/new-rating-and-finacial-system.214/#post-1598

And this is the code I have put in:
Code:
/* LIKES SUMMARY */
.likesSummary {
.likesSummary .username {color: white !important;}
.likesSummary a {color: white !important;}
.likesSummary {color: white !important;}
background: #726C60 url('@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/threadview-bg.png') repeat-x top !important;
}

But it hasn't worked....

try just adding this

Code:
background: #726C60 url('@imagePath/xenforo/gradients/threadview-bg.png') repeat-x top !important;
}

If you are making all the text white you may as well do this in style properties and adjust the like text from in there.

try just adding this

Code:
}

If you are making all the text white you may as well do this in style properties and adjust the like text from in there.

Now the background image isn't showing up?

I would do it in Style properties, but I can't get the link to change to white in just the like summary...

Top Bottom