1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rephrase X Was Last Seen to Last Activity

Discussion in 'XenForo Suggestions' started by Amaury, Sep 19, 2013.

1. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

This suggestion is being based off of this.

Saves some lines on the member card, but the suggestion is mostly because the user's username is already at the top of the member card or profile, so it seems kind of redundant to have it again.

In regard to saving lines on the member card, if you have a long username, then your activity gets wrapped onto the next line.

Short Username Example:
    [​IMG]

Long Username Example:
    [​IMG]

However, if you change X was last seen to Last Activity, it doesn't matter how long the username is, because Last Activity will always be 13 letters compared to varying usernames. For example, Amaury was last seen is 20 letters and my example username along with the was last seen is 35 letters.

[​IMG]

While I know this isn't difficult to do and can be done by simply editing the phrase, I think it'd be nice if it were like this by default.

Again, though, the suggestion is mostly because it seems unnecessary to have the username there twice.

2. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

I like this idea. The more real estate you claim in places like this, the better. It offers a more simplistic layout.

3. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Alternatively, instead of Last Activity (13), we could go with Last Seen (9), which is four letters shorter.

What do you mean with the whole real estate thing?

Adam Howard likes this.
  4. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

I prefer last seen, it makes more sense in context.

5. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

You know, you're right. I'll update my OP accordingly.

Edit: Never mind. Seems I can't. :x However, I still agree with going with Last Seen instead.

Adam Howard likes this.
  6. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

Even better.

There are a few key places where space can be an issue or of importance (where they is limited space)... ie... prime real estate. The members card is 1 such place. Navigation would be another example.

7. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The member card is not space limited.
    It automatically increases in height to accommodate more content, hence why add-on developers are able to add to it.

8. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Since XenForo 1.2, anyway.

But even if it does increase to accommodate, a lot of text there across multiple lines can still look ugly to some people.

Adam Howard likes this.