Lack of interest Rephrase X Was Last Seen to Last Activity

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Amaury

This suggestion is being based off of this.

Saves some lines on the member card, but the suggestion is mostly because the user's username is already at the top of the member card or profile, so it seems kind of redundant to have it again.

In regard to saving lines on the member card, if you have a long username, then your activity gets wrapped onto the next line.

Short Username Example:
k0bCH03.png

Long Username Example:
O56feNG.png

However, if you change X was last seen to Last Activity, it doesn't matter how long the username is, because Last Activity will always be 13 letters compared to varying usernames. For example, Amaury was last seen is 20 letters and my example username along with the was last seen is 35 letters.

cNMAcVd.png

While I know this isn't difficult to do and can be done by simply editing the phrase, I think it'd be nice if it were like this by default.

Again, though, the suggestion is mostly because it seems unnecessary to have the username there twice.

Upvote 6
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Alternatively, instead of Last Activity (13), we could go with Last Seen (9), which is four letters shorter.
Even better.

What do you mean with the whole real estate thing?

There are a few key places where space can be an issue or of importance (where they is limited space)... ie... prime real estate. The members card is 1 such place. Navigation would be another example.

The member card is not space limited.
It automatically increases in height to accommodate more content, hence why add-on developers are able to add to it.

The member card is not space limited.
It automatically increases in height to accommodate more content, hence why add-on developers are able to add to it.

Since XenForo 1.2, anyway.

But even if it does increase to accommodate, a lot of text there across multiple lines can still look ugly to some people.

Top Bottom