XF 1.5 Reoccurring Error

Pixel Squad Ltd

Over the past few weeks I keep getting the same two errors in my server error log and I don't know what they are.

It's not the same user that is receiving and I don't know how severe the error is. So, just to make sure I thought I would post it here and see how I can prevent this error from happening.

I sent out a mass email a few weeks back and my battery died on my phone before the operation completed and when I come back I had load of errors then. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

XF error.webp

Regards,
Carl

@Mike yeah sure, here it is...

Error Info

Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Email to (EMAIL ADDRESS) failed (after retry): 4.7.0 Try again later, closing connection. (MAIL) r127sm27697995wmf.23 - gsmtp -library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:431
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 9:13 AM
Stack Trace
#0 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php(261): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_expect(250, 300)
#1 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php(224): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->mail('mailer@crimecoa...')
#2 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Abstract.php(348): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->_sendMail()
#3 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/Zend/Mail.php(1194): Zend_Mail_Transport_Abstract->send(Object(Zend_Mail))
#4 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/MailQueue.php(91): Zend_Mail->send(Object(Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp))
#5 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/MailQueue.php(10): XenForo_Model_MailQueue->runMailQueue(7.9999969005585)
#6 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_MailQueue->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999969005585, '')
#7 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999969005585, '', false)
#8 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#9 /home/crimecoa/public_html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(44) "http://www.crimecoastforums.com/deferred.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(47) "/threads/switch-dual-account-in-one-device.346/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

AND

Error Info
ErrorException: fwrite(): SSL operation failed with code 1. OpenSSL Error messages: error:140D00CF:SSL routines:SSL_write:protocol is shutdown -library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:324
Generated By: Unknown Account, Yesterday at 9:13 AM
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handlePhpError(2, 'fwrite(): SSL o...', '/home/crimecoa/...', 324, Array)
#1 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php(324): fwrite(Resource id #72, 'QUIT\r\n')
#2 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Smtp.php(385): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Abstract->_send('QUIT')
#3 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/Zend/Mail/Transport/Smtp.php(183): Zend_Mail_Protocol_Smtp->quit()
#4 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/MailQueue.php(87): Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp->resetConnection()
#5 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/XenForo/Deferred/MailQueue.php(10): XenForo_Model_MailQueue->runMailQueue(7.9999969005585)
#6 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(295): XenForo_Deferred_MailQueue->execute(Array, Array, 7.9999969005585, '')
#7 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(429): XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred(Array, 7.9999969005585, '', false)
#8 /home/crimecoa/public_html/library/XenForo/Model/Deferred.php(374): XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal(Array, NULL, '', false)
#9 /home/crimecoa/public_html/deferred.php(23): XenForo_Model_Deferred->run(false)
#10 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
["url"] => string(44) "http://www.crimecoastforums.com/deferred.php"
["_GET"] => array(0) {
}
["_POST"] => array(3) {
["_xfRequestUri"] => string(47) "/threads/switch-dual-account-in-one-device.346/"
["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
}
}

The second error is happening because of the first. I'll see if I can prevent that in future.

However, ultimately, it's the first one that's causing the problem, and this is Gmail's SMTP server rejecting you for some reason. They aren't giving a specific reason, though it might be rate limiting. If you're sending a lot of mail, it may be time to use a different SMTP provider.

Top Bottom