Renewal

I renewed anyway to show support.
I may have given the opportunity when i had the money to spare.. But my hand was forced on something very trivial.. That was the straw that broke the camels back for me personally. Since then the devs have shown they have no real interest in making money while the lawsuit is ongoing.

... the devs have shown they have no real interest in making money while the lawsuit is ongoing.

Until the court case is settled all their money is going to lawyers. The word is they are also doing other jobs to cover the fees.
That is why many people have renewed, or even bought extra licences they don't actually need, to demonstrate support.

I'm sure the KAM team would love to get back to their work and finally make money from XF for themselves. But they have wisely decided that coding work while under stress and distraction is unlikely to be good coding. These are well known as perfectionists. So they have put major coding work on hold except for troubleshooting until the case is settled. That could be a matter of only a few weeks: November 5 is not far away.

Hmm come to think it's a while since I bought another licence. Better head on over and buy one - every little helps.

Until the court case is settled all their money is going to lawyers. The word is they are also doing other jobs to cover the fees.
That is why many people have renewed, or even bought extra licences they don't actually need, to demonstrate support.

I'm sure the KAM team would love to get back to their work and finally make money from XF for themselves. But they have wisely decided that coding work while under stress and distraction is unlikely to be good coding. These are well known as perfectionists. So they have put major coding work on hold except for troubleshooting until the case is settled. That could be a matter of only a few weeks: November 5 is not far away.
Isnt that pretty much the expanded version of what i said?

Isnt that pretty much the expanded version of what i said?

Kind of. There is a sensitivity in this area as not long ago some unpleasant people were doing all they can to make it look like the KAM team had "lost interest" in XF to the point of abandoning it. That has more or less been quashed by the recent news of the Nov 5 dismissal hearing.
But I was a bit concerned in case other readers misunderstood what you said in that way. I'm sure that is not what you meant but "lost interest" could have been interpreted like that. That bunch of loonies would jump on a comment like that and quote you to fire up their agenda again.

It'll be lovely when all that rubbish is history. Not long now.

Lawyers are expensive that for sure and i can understand that this is eating into every reserve they have. Well on "word is" we can't place any value on it but why not say so if its true or not by KAM.

Well others haven't renewed including me, i want to see Xenforo win the lawsuit but not at the cost of my own stuff. As for more licenses well not going to invest into something that clearly has no direction or where they do not want to communicate to paying customers where it want to go or where the developers are no where to been seen or heard from. Well Kier posted information about a spammer but nothing more then that nothing on development of Xenforo or Resource Manager and that's even a few months back that Xenforo made any comments on that.

Well KAM team can make an announcement what's going on in development (and only that no private matters, any one that asks should be put in a penalty box) and what we can expect, i'am not going to renew a script that has not seen any improvements for 7 or 8 months. For many they made an investment based on the reputation of KAM and how the script looked after a year of development if the script does not receive updates in a years time that would mean ages Internet time.[/QUOTE]

I guess one could think of renewing to get the service. The service alone is worth more than 40-50 USD you pay here for the renewal.

I guess one could think of renewing to get the service. The service alone is worth more than 40-50 USD you pay here for the renewal.

What service, ticket support not needed after a year and there is noting else only when they update the software its interesting to renew.

I got here very good support both in the forums and in ticket support. In fact, I even get help for questions about coding, changing the software and optimizing my server. The price for a year renewal is the price of one month of vb 5 service. But I agree, if your community runs stable you won't have really a need for much service, there are very few bugs in xenforo.

I think renewal is INCREDIBLY cheap as a way of being a full member of the community.
Not only do we get support for the core software by ticket, or from the community; we also get support for many of the addons from the XF mods. As everyone says support is fast, polite, efficient and well targeted.
I can't see what there is to complain about. We have a superb software with superb support.

Also we do have a pretty clear statement from the team.
Previously we posted about XenForo 1.2 being delayed without an estimated release date. Unfortunately, there is no update on this matter and we are unsure of when we will be able to provide more information on XenForo 1.2. The toll of the ongoing legal issue weighs very heavily and has far reaching effect.
That said, all current versions of XenForo are supported. Some of that (invaluable) support comes from the community, for which we are grateful. Jake and Slavik are doing a marvellous job and their efforts are exceptional.

That was a little over a month ago.
We all know the dates when the court case will be settled. Either November 5 or January 15.
I don't think for one moment that any other forum software is going to suddenly catch up with XF quality of coding or support, in that time. So even with the wait we're still way up ahead.

I think renewal is INCREDIBLY cheap as a way of being a full member of the community.
Not only do we get support for the core software by ticket, or from the community; we also get support for many of the addons from the XF mods. As everyone says support is fast, polite, efficient and well targeted.
I can't see what there is to complain about. We have a superb software with superb support.

Also we do have a pretty clear statement from the team.
Previously we posted about XenForo 1.2 being delayed without an estimated release date. Unfortunately, there is no update on this matter and we are unsure of when we will be able to provide more information on XenForo 1.2. The toll of the ongoing legal issue weighs very heavily and has far reaching effect.
That said, all current versions of XenForo are supported. Some of that (invaluable) support comes from the community, for which we are grateful. Jake and Slavik are doing a marvellous job and their efforts are exceptional.

That was a little over a month ago.
We all know the dates when the court case will be settled. Either November 5 or January 15.
I don't think for one moment that any other forum software is going to suddenly catch up with XF quality of coding or support, in that time. So even with the wait we're still way up ahead.

All support comes from the community, not some.

Top Bottom