Renewal

28ten

Well its reached that time to renew my licence . Whilst I and my users are happy with XF, Im really struggling to see what I will get if I shell out £25 to renew the licence, if/when the next update arrives I assume I will be able to upgrade then, is this correct?
I have no desire to move to any other platform and if there was a clear road map I would happily renew today.

You're in the same shoe as I. My license(s) went up for renewal in May. I have not paid for the renewals yet.

You're in the same shoe as I. My license(s) went up for renewal in May. I have not paid for the renewals yet.

Is you site allowed to be live though during this period? I'm guessing you just don't get access to support.

Is you site allowed to be live though during this period? I'm guessing you just don't get access to support.
Yep, the site(s) are live. No problem. You don't get access to support tickets, but you do have support here. :)

Reactions: vVv
It's not just being cut off from support tickets, it's also the Members sections of this community forum.
If you are perfectly happy with the site as it is, don't want to add anything (addons) or tweak the design, basically run it as it is, then you have no need to renew.

As soon as the next version of xF comes out, there will be an influx of renewals from folks who own xF licenses.

I know quite a few folks doing the same 'wait and see' approach before renewing.

I think it is perfectly reasonable to wait till such a time as we know what the direction of development will be here before renewing. You don't lose anything, really, by waiting.

I didn't renew until a week ago since my account expired in april/may I thought I needed 1.0.3. However, if I were you especially if you don't use the ticke system then I suggest that u wait until they come up with a newer version. Unless you want to support XenForo and renew anyway (y)

i had to re up my license simply to add my server tech to the list of forum users here.. Pretty sucky actually since there hasnt been a single update and its already half expired again..

i had to re up my license simply to add my server tech to the list of forum users here.. Pretty sucky actually since there hasnt been a single update and its already half expired again..

well I don't like frequent updates it's disruptive. Means I have to check and redo stuff.
It's something I really disliked about IPB.
An update` MAX twice a year is fine - less often is also fine by me. I'd rather wait and then get something substantial.

I think it is perfectly reasonable to wait till such a time as we know what the direction of development will be here before renewing. You don't lose anything, really, by waiting.

From the discussions up to August when development was temporarily suspended pending the court case finishing, the big development was going to be the Resource`Manager. So it depends if that is what you want or not.

well I don't like frequent updates it's disruptive. Means I have to check and redo stuff.
It's something I really disliked about IPB.
An update` MAX twice a year is fine - less often is also fine by me. I'd rather wait and then get something substantial.
Sorry, i fail to see what that has to do with my post? My point was that i was forced to re up for something so trivial as adding my server tech to my list of authorized forum users. And so far i have seen no return in that money. IE: No Updates.

Top Bottom