Renewal

Dismal Shadow

Ok this might sound stupid. When you purchase the license of the software, the license for use is unlimited as well as support and upgrades for one year. So when if expires you can still use the software but in order to receive support and upgrades you need to pay the renewal fee. Am I correct?

Ok this might sound stupid. When you purchase the license of the software, the license for use is unlimited as well as support and upgrades for one year. So when if expires you can still use the software but in order to receive support and upgrades you need to pay the renewal fee. Am I correct?

As no price or licence details have been released yet there is no way to answer this.

So you're asking what the term renewal means and how this applies to software licenses (not specifically XF which no announcement has been made yet)?

Hate to break it to you, but software vendors handle license terms differently and the meaning of the word renewal is going to be different depending on who you're buying from.

Yeah I know the details hadn't been given yet, I only ask because I never knew what renewal means. :p
That's frequently the way it works, but not always. How licensing works is entirely determined by the specifics of the license agreement, which as everyone said, we haven't seen yet.

I think it's reasonable to assume it will likely be similar to other products in this field, but they could do all sorts of different things. Only time , and Kier/Mike/Ashley, will tell :)

Top Bottom