Rename the "/pages/" directory

Aarmin

Can one rename the /pages/ directory? I know you can't completely remove the route, but is it easy to rename it? I'm just not sure, because xenforo seems so much different than MyBB when it comes to the template edits.

I already know there is an addon that will allow me to rename it... I'm NOT interested in that at this time.

Why aren't you interested in the single add on that does exactly the thing you want?

"at this time"...

I don't like add-ons, but have and I'm currently using a couple for my MyBB powered forum.

I don't like editing templates, running "stuff" in the admin control panel.. but if I REALLY like the add-on I will make an exception
I don't like having to worry about the next update
I log every little change I make in my forums in an Excel spreadsheet (or Word doc depending on what it is)... adding add-ons is more to grasp than I would like
I don't like worrying about how the add-on affects my forum... performance, etc...
I also simply do not like "not understanding" something

There is always exceptions if I really like an add-on, but strangely enough... I much prefer editing templates and making a note in Word

Please don't try to convince me

Lots of "I" in that last post. =.=

Nobody's going to convince you, but we're not going to reinvent the wheel either.

Good luck.

So... I take it there is no easy way to do this?

Most addons here don't require any template edits. Installing addons is very easy.

haha I know... template edits aren't as "easy", but I like theme better. I suppose it gives me peace of mind knowing exactly what I have "hacked".

You're better off using Jake's add-on.

If you don't want to use it, just download it, find the code and re-make it as your own which is pointless, but you know...

So... I take it there is no easy way to do this?

haha I know... template edits aren't as "easy", but I like theme better. I suppose it gives me peace of mind knowing exactly what I have "hacked".

I think you're mistaken how is working XenForo. For example, on Wordpress what you're saying make sense, but on XenForo, templates are really for design with a proper code. If you want to add a feature, most of the time you will need to "listen" a XenForo class then write your own code. That's what you will need to do (and certainly not only modifying templates). Now what everybody is telling you here is that what you are asking for is already done... And done by an excellent coder.

If you really want to exactly know what is hacked on you website then try to understand his code. It might take some time but it will help you after to modify by yourself some features. But IMHO you should start to read tutorials.

Unfortunately... I know very little php and after looking at file after file - I have little clues to where to begin.

There's absolutely no way of doing it without editing the php code, so if you are not comfortable with that then the only choice is installing the addon.

I don't mean to be blunt but direct code edits are NEVER better than an add-on.

I highly recommend this add-on for a number of reasons:
  • The author
  • Its ease of use
  • Its reliability
Please consider it.
I could do this for you, as an add-on, that ONLY changes the pages directory... but, seriously, why bother? The Route Changer add-on is much better because it will allow you to change other routes in the future.

Top Bottom