XF 1.4 Removing Xenforo but keeping accounts and threads

O'fury

Not sure if this is in the right place, I recently uploaded my forums back up after removing two of my admins from my team. I am not sure if it is possible but I would like to load a fresh version of Xenforo but I want to keep all of the accounts and threads. I don't want to lose content but I want to uninstall all the changes, add-ons, and themes from the server. Right now it has some add-ons loaded that don't work and it is really buggy and just no fun to try and debug. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Another not so important question would be, is there a way to mass update profile pictures? When I did a recent backup upload a lot of the members lost their profile pictures and it turned into a nasty blank unformatted text. Is there a way to just pick a picture and upload it to all accounts?

Thanks in advance.

For the firtst question this is just what can i suggest of

uninstall the mods and revert the the templates to its original or just create a fresh templates. Then remove all the files and folders except those avatars and attachment if you stored it in the file system. Then just run the upgrade script.

or install a fresh forum and do an import script from old database to the new database.

the above i suggested is based on my experience in vbulletin but i believe the logic is the same. :)

For the firtst question this is just what can i suggest of

uninstall the mods and revert the the templates to its original or just create a fresh templates. Then remove all the files and folders except those avatars and attachment if you stored it in the file system. Then just run the upgrade script.

or install a fresh forum and do an import script from old database to the new database.

the above i suggested is based on my experience in vbulletin but i believe the logic is the same. :)
An import script?

There is no one-click way to revert to a default installation.

As posted above, it would require either uninstalling all add-ons and removing the files from the server, or running a XenForo to XenForo import.
There is a built in importer if you decide to go that route.

Top Bottom