XF 1.5 Removing user from node permissions

Mouth

I have a forum node, with custom permissions for a couple of users, so that they appear at the bottom of the node permissions (eg. /admin.php?node-permissions/forum.1/ )

I want to remove the custom permissions from each of these users, so click on their username and select 'Quick Check All' on Inherit at the top, then Update Permissions.

Back to the Node Permissions, and the users still appear at the bottom suggesting they have custom permissions.

I then set an 'Allow' node permission for one of the users, saved, then set it back to inherit, and saved. No, still appearing. Then at /admin.php?tools/rebuild I ran 'Clean Up Permissions'. Back at the node permissions, and the users still appear as though they have custom permissions.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong?

Have all of the numerical based permissions also been set to inherit, e.g. Time limit on editing/deleting own posts (minutes) ?

It's possible there could be left over permissions from an old add-on. Can you check the xf_permission_entry_content table and search based on their user_id? (This could return other node permissions if they are customized elsewhere; you can limit by the node ID using the content_id field too.)

Reactions: Xon
It's possible there could be left over permissions from an old add-on.
Code:
mysql> select * from xf_permission_entry_content where user_id = 14639 and content_id = 56;
+---------------------+--------------+------------+---------------+---------+---------------------+-------------------+------------------+----------------------+
| permission_entry_id | content_type | content_id | user_group_id | user_id | permission_group_id | permission_id     | permission_value | permission_value_int |
+---------------------+--------------+------------+---------------+---------+---------------------+-------------------+------------------+----------------------+
|                1733 | node         |         56 |             0 |   14639 | general             | viewIps           | content_allow    |                    0 |
|                1734 | node         |         56 |             0 |   14639 | general             | cleanSpam         | content_allow    |                    0 |
|                1735 | node         |         56 |             0 |   14639 | general             | bypassUserPrivacy | content_allow    |                    0 |
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Thanks. So assume the 3 above are not XF permission_id's?

The are XF permission_ids, but they're something that isn't "legal" to be set at the node level. Have you had any add-ons that have affected this user's permissions or have you taken any actions that might have changed them? (Outside of editing them directly within the "default" parts of the ACP, though if you recall that, it's worth mentioning.) This isn't something I've seen before.

Regardless, you can delete those permissions and it should resolve the issue.

Top Bottom