1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Removing the Sub-menu

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by mikelowrey, Apr 24, 2015.

1. mikelowrey

mikelowrey Active Member

Hey gang,

I was wondering if it is difficult to move the submenu of forum and members and move it to the username popup window, since is the same thing regardless of logged in or not, I would like to save the space.

Thank you.
  2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I don't understand what it is you're asking. Can you clarify and provide a screenshot of the area you're referring to?
  3. mikelowrey

mikelowrey Active Member

Here you go, remove that submenu and those forum option move it to the username popup window
  4. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

You do realise that it this can be done (and I'm not sure it is wise as those submenus are applicable to specific tabs) that the username popup window will be too big to fit on the screen of a mobike phone? The current size takes up much of the screen already.
  5. Steve F

Steve F Well-Known Member

If done correctly the links removed from the subnav can be moved into each tab as a popup menu. There are styles out there that have options to do this which could save you the headache of doing it plus keeping it updated.
    Martok likes this.
  6. mikelowrey

mikelowrey Active Member

Got it. Thank you guys, I just wanted to see if it was easy to do.
  7. mikelowrey

mikelowrey Active Member

What about just removing the option from public view? is that easy? Thank you again