XF 2.1 Removing pre-migration mybb BBcode from posts

I migrated from MyBB 1.8.5 to Xenforo around a year ago. Very happy about the overall result, much better performance and basically better everything. Only issue that I haven't addressed for too long now is: how do I remove old BBcode from posts pre-migration? There are a large quantity of posts with the following tags:

[br]

[video=youtube]
[img=320x0][/img]
[size=xx-large][/size]

And so on. I am aware of the following plugin:

However, this seems overly complex and didn't work for me. I understand being a forum administrator is difficult but learning how to do a "regular expression" seems overly complex and just frustrating to me. Can anyone please give me some pointers on how to remove the aforementioned tags?

Thank you.

Solution
If you don't want to use the add-on then you can do direct queries on the database using phpMyAdmin of the following format:
SQL:
UPDATE xf_post SET message = REPLACE(message, 'original_content', 'new_content');

Make sure you craft the queries very carefully to ensure you don't replace any text erroneously.

Take a backup of the database before you start.
If you don't want to use the add-on then you can do direct queries on the database using phpMyAdmin of the following format:
SQL:
UPDATE xf_post SET message = REPLACE(message, 'original_content', 'new_content');

Make sure you craft the queries very carefully to ensure you don't replace any text erroneously.

Take a backup of the database before you start.

Solution
Top Bottom