As designed Removing moderator permissions

Case

I'm not sure if this is a bug but thought I'd try and explain it anyway...

If you set someone as a forum moderator by going through Users > Moderators > Create New Moderator

Give them 'Forum Moderator' Permissions for a specific forum and tick the box for 'Edit post by anyone', for example.

You can then go to the Note Tree and check the permission of the forum you have set them as a moderator of and see that user has specific permission set for that forum, as you would expect.

From there, if you remove the permission for them to be able to edit posts it doesn't un-tick the box in the moderator setup that you originally did. So it looks like they still have the permission to edit posts in there but they haven't because it's been removed through the node permissions.

Hope that makes sense.

User, user group and node permissions are separate yet cumulative.

It is possible to have it checked for the user but not in the node and vice versa.

This is the designed behavior in that we cache the permissions set via the moderator edit screen and then only change what you actively change on that screen. I'm not sure if that's ideal but was written this way intentionally.

Top Bottom