XF 1.4 Removing Edit History in bulk via database

Xanin

After importing my forums to XF I needed to correct a large number of invalid internal links - namely smilies. To make short work of it I used the Post Content Find/Replace add-on, which worked like a charm. Only it left a edit history behind.

On every post that had a little smiley face there is now a 'Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19... blah blah' - this looks kind of bad, like I'm running around fiddling with posts from years ago. I don't want to trash out the site edit history just for this though.
Can I remove the matching rows from the xf_edit_history table to resolve this (it was done as a bulk change, so they all have the same timestamp and editing userid, easy to select the rows) or is it more involved?

You can remove the rows from the xf_edit_history table, but the last edited by note is actually based on the last_edit_date / last_edit_user_id in the xf_post table. You'd need to reset those values to hide that.

You can remove the rows from the xf_edit_history table, but the last edited by note is actually based on the last_edit_date / last_edit_user_id in the xf_post table. You'd need to reset those values to hide that.
Awesome- Since those are known values that will be easy. Thanks!

Top Bottom