1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Removing Edit History in bulk via database

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Xanin, Jan 21, 2015.

1. Xanin

Xanin Member

After importing my forums to XF I needed to correct a large number of invalid internal links - namely smilies. To make short work of it I used the Post Content Find/Replace add-on, which worked like a charm. Only it left a edit history behind.

On every post that had a little smiley face there is now a 'Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19... blah blah' - this looks kind of bad, like I'm running around fiddling with posts from years ago. I don't want to trash out the site edit history just for this though.
    Can I remove the matching rows from the xf_edit_history table to resolve this (it was done as a bulk change, so they all have the same timestamp and editing userid, easy to select the rows) or is it more involved?
  2. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

You can remove the rows from the xf_edit_history table, but the last edited by note is actually based on the last_edit_date / last_edit_user_id in the xf_post table. You'd need to reset those values to hide that.
    Xanin likes this.
  3. Xanin

Xanin Member

Awesome- Since those are known values that will be easy. Thanks!