XF 1.5 Remove "Your changes have been saved", etc.

RSI

Hi,

How to get rid of the annoying drop down banner at the top of the browser window that says, "Your changes have been saved" every time you make a post or save something?

Is there a way to disable it?

Thanks

I might be wrong; I certainly wouldn't like to bet money on it, at least, but I believe if the phrase "Your changes have been saved" is edited and emptied so it is blank then the AJAX message is suppressed. Of course you would need to identify all phrases that were used in these messages (as it is variable) but it handles that specific case.

Thanks, and I figured it was using AJAX and is one of the main reasons why I wanted to know if there was a way to disable that drop down banner entirely and for everything.

I'm on a shared server and that feature is labor intensive on server's CPU.

Maybe I should add the request and/or suggestion in the correct forum. It would be nice to have a selection in the ACP Performance options where users could disable it.

Thanks...

Thanks, and I figured it was using AJAX and is one of the main reasons why I wanted to know if there was a way to disable that drop down banner entirely and for everything.

I'm on a shared server and that feature is labor intensive on server's CPU.

Maybe I should add the request and/or suggestion in the correct forum. It would be nice to have a selection in the ACP Performance options where users could disable it.

Thanks...
What leads you to believe that?

The code that actually displays that message is executed on the visitor's computer, not on the server. The actual "saving changes" part that is performed server-side has little-to-no impact on the server, compared to other operations the XenForo software performs.

Anything that uses AJAX is going to use server resources so I don't believe that entirely. It's the constant communication to and from the user's computer and the server.

The drop down banner is not just annoying is does use extra resources. If anyone knows how to disable it would be greatly appreciated. I know of another website that already did it and would just like to know how.

Thanks again...

Anything that uses AJAX is going to use server resources so I don't believe that entirely. It's the constant communication to and from the user's computer and the server.

The drop down banner is not just annoying is does use extra resources. If anyone knows how to disable it would be greatly appreciated. I know of another website that already did it and would just like to know how.

Thanks again...
We know you're hoping that's the fix to your slow server problem, but it's almost certainly not.

You're better off trying to hunt down what the real issue issue. Some possibilities:

1. Maybe your shared host has you on an oversold server

2. Maybe you installed some add-ons to XenForo that are resource hungry

3. Maybe something else

The banner isn't generated on the server side, it's done on the client side.

AJAX is use to save data, as well as loads of other tasks, such as displaying overlays.

Liam

Hi,

I'm not currently having a problem with my server. I almost have the CPU usage on the server down to where it was with my SMF install. I imported my SMF database into XenForno v1.5 last weekend and it worked. I'm just trying to streamline everything to minimize the CPU usage. I also just don't like that AJAX drop down banner and another website that also switched to XenForo recently was able to remove it. The communication back and forth to the server still consumes resources regardless. Every little bit helps.

Well, I suppose the easiest way to remove it would be to just edit the xenforo.js file, stop the method that causes those alerts from doing it's stuff and then re-minify it.

Of course, it is all done in js, so there wouldn't really be a server-side difference.

Liam

Top Bottom