XF 1.3 Remove someone from a user group

JamesBrown

Adding someone to a usergroup on subscription is easy. But I'm struggling with removing someone.

Using a subscription promotion; how can I add someone to one group but automatically remove them from another group at the same time. Thanks

Use "User is NOT a member of any of the selected user groups" in the original promotion.

Once they get promoted via the second promotion, they will be demoted due to being in the user group selected via that criterion.

I'm confused (its not hard) We have it set so newly registered users can post up to 5 times then they are upgraded/downgraded to a Read Only Group to encourage them to subscribe.
The Read Only Group has no posting rights. The problem is it seems they inherit the right to post from the registered group. If we set the posting rights for the read only group as 'Never' this works but then when they eventually subscribe and enter the subscriber group they cannot enjoy the subscribers privileges because of the 'never' tag.
Any ideas how we can set this up?
Registered users 5 posts > then upgrade to Read Only> either group can subscribe and enjoy the subscribers rights> Subs expire > back to readonly

In the Read Only group, set User is NOT a member of any of the selected user groups to the Subscriber group.

When they get promoted to the Subscriber group, they will be demoted from the Read Only group.

I am helping Jim out with this. Thanks for the fast responses.

This is how we have it set. The readonly group promotion is set to
user is a member of "Registered users"
user is not a member of "Subscribers"
Add secondary group "Readonly"
When user has reached 5 messages or User has been registered for 7 Days.

There is a subscription option in User upgrades. That adds them to "Subscribers" group when fee paid via paypal.

The above two promotions work perfectly. However when a User pays for the upgrade to subscriber they are not removed from the "readonly" group...

I've sussed this. When we brought our users over from VB we manually placed our VB read only members in our new XF Readonly group, using the mass move functions. Somehow it's this that causes the problem. Fixed. If we dump them into registered and let the xF upgrade run which puts them in the Read Only group. When they subscribe they are dumped out of the Read Only group, which is what we need to happen, then, when the subs expire, they are dragged kicking and screaming back into it. Perfect.

Top Bottom