Remove RSS

Remove RSS 1.1

No permission to download

AndyB

AndyB submitted a new resource:

Remove RSS - Removes RSS function from your forum.

Description:

Removes RSS function from your forum.

Features:
  • Disables RSS feed function completely preventing any RSS access.
Modifies the code in the following template:
  • footer
  • node_forum_level_2
Installation:
  1. Download removerss_v1.0.zip and unzip it.
  2. From your Admin Control Panel, go to the "Install Add-on" page. Upload the addon-RemoveRss_v1.0.xml file and click the Install Add-on button.
Sending a...
Read more about this resource...

imthebest

At Google Webmaster Tools:

error.png

I believe you're still letting Google to know that there are RSS feeds but you're disallowing access to them. I think you should completely remove any reference to RSS feeds as if they don't exist at all, otherwise Google may penalize sites.

This addon does not work correctly with XF 1.4, can you please update it? It says it does, but it doesn't.

Using Core theme.

Having the same issue is Fixxer - using Fusion Style by Pixel Exit. The RSS icon down the bottom is removed, however the 'node' level RSS Icons aren't - maybe something changed in 1.4?

Thanks!

New Joe

I just use this in the EXTRA template to remove it from nodes

Code:
/* Remove Node RSS Icon */
.nodeList .nodeControls {
    display: none;
}
not sure how to remove it for the footer though

nocte

Thank you @AndyB for this addon!

For me it works on XF 1.4.1 - except form the <head> part.

This should also be removed:

<link rel="alternate" type="application/rss+xml" title="RSS-Feed for Site.com" href="forums/-/index.rss" />

markku

At Google Webmaster Tools:

View attachment 77550

I believe you're still letting Google to know that there are RSS feeds but you're disallowing access to them. I think you should completely remove any reference to RSS feeds as if they don't exist at all, otherwise Google may penalize sites.
Is this still a problem?

Is there an easy fix to do this, so that Google doesn't think there are RSS feeds?