Remove Menu hover and make click

ibaker

As we know the XF menu bar has menu item that when clicked will take you to a specific area.

Each menu item has a hover arrow that provides a drop down box of sub menu links

What I would like to achieve is:
1. Completely remove the hover that creates the drop down sub menu list
2. Make the menu item itself display a drop down sub menu list when clicked by a user
3. The drop down sub menu list be adaptable to adding extra items and displayed in say 2 cols (like the navigation visitor tab) however not all items in the drop down sub menu are displayed in the 2nd row of the menu bar when in that section

Something like this when a user clicks on a menu item:
1.webp

Can anyone lend a hand and advise how to achieve this...thanks

Watching this one for replies. I've also thought that hover triggered menus on a website seemed a bit hostile/in-your-face, especially when they need to "load" first. Personally, i'm never expecting a block of content to pop up after simply mousing over a small area. Native applications don't use hover triggers because it would freak people out.

I'm messing around with the JS trying to fix this now, no promises that I'll get anywhere with it :)

When you load Xenforo on a device with touch-input, this is already the default behaviour.

Thanks Guys...not a perfectly clean method as the function occurs even though not being used rather then being removed, but there is always more then 1 way to achieve something so thanks again for your help

Thanks Guys...not a perfectly clean method as the function occurs even though not being used rather then being removed, but there is always more then 1 way to achieve something so thanks again for your help
In working to improve the Xenforo structure/appearance, this hack is probably one of the cleaner ones :) You should see some of our greasy conditional arrays for re-routing pages/content...

Top Bottom