Cannot reproduce Remove Formatting does not work as anticipated

Floyd R Turbo

I just noticed this when I copy/pasted in the text from a resource in a thread reply.

What I did was type:

Do you have Conversation Button under Avatar installed?

^^ the bold is a result of the copy/paste...

and then I highlighted the whole sentence and clicked the Remove formatting button, but it didn't do anything.

A little further digging and I figured out that if the bold text is on the same line and bounded by the non-formatted text, it will remove the formatting. But if the bolded/sized text is on the next line, it won't remove it.

Do you have
Conversation Button under Avatar installed?

^^ this is what happens when I hit ctrl+v right after "have", and this formatting won't get removed.

Another oddity is that it seems to work properly in the advanced editor like the one used to create a thread, but not in the quick-reply.

Even stranger, if I enter the text into the quick-reply, then click "more options" to go to the advanced editor, then I click the back button, I can remove the formatting. So maybe the auto-save changes something

I don't know if this is a bug or not but I figured I would mention it.

I can't reproduce this in either Chrome or Firefox. I'd need more information (browser details?) and specific steps to reproduce (exactly how and when the typing vs pasting happens).

When you do the paste, please also inspect the pasted element. How does the HTML structure appear?

I'll have to see if I can give you exact steps. I was just able to reproduce it on a different PC (same browser) just now but it did it even more differently

Top Bottom