1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove footer links? (Not Brandings)

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Tott3, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Tott3

Tott3 Active Member

How do i remove the "Contact us", "Top", "Home" and all those links from the footer? Don't see any point of having those as all of them, except the "Contact us" can be reached from the navigation menu :p Also, in which file do i edit the help text? I'd like to add the "Contact us" in there on the "Frontpage" of the help tab or as an extra tab in the navigation menu. I want it to popup as an overlay rather then in a new window, as it's doing at the moment when clicking it in the footer.

I'm using Flexile Dark Theme if it matters.

Cheers in advance

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Add to EXTRA.css:
    Code:
    .footerLinks {
    display: none;
    }

3. Tott3

Tott3 Active Member

Did not work, i added it on a new line just below the original stuff with one blank line inbetween. I'm using "Help Pages" plugin if that makes any diffrence. As it's adding few more links down there. Tried CTRL+F5 aswell, no diffrence.

Code:
    /* custom status icons */
    .node .forumNodeInfo .nodeIcon, .node .categoryForumNodeInfo .nodeIcon {
        background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/widgets/forum-read.png");
    }
    .node .forumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon, .node .categoryForumNodeInfo.unread .nodeIcon {
        background-image: url("@imagePath/xenforo/widgets/forum-unread.png");

.footerLinks {
    display: none;
    }

4. Brogan

Try using display: none !important;

If that doesn't work you will need to contact the style author as you are presumably using a custom style.

5. Tott3

Tott3 Active Member

That didn't work much either, guess i have to contact him then.

Now i got another issue aswell, i asked Jaxel if i could move the portal branding down to the footer insted and remove that "branding-block" and he said if i want to, i can, do you happen to know how to to this? Dosen't seems i can get both of his links in there has he got "<link 1> text inbetween <link 2>", when i'm trying to do 2 link it breaks and ends up with linebreaks after each link insted of one line of text, like this:

<link 1>
    text inbetween
    <link 2>

6. Brogan

I don't use Any of Jaxel's add-ons so I don't have access to the templates.

7. Tott3

Tott3 Active Member

Oh well, thanks for taking time trying to help me.

Anyone else know how to do this then?